PRS SE Paul’s Guitar!

Upload pics to publicly accessible site, such as flickr. Copy the image link, starts with https and ends with jpg, paste the link in your post, bookend with the img and /img tags. Use preview to see if your link is correct, and if it is, you will see your pics instead of a link to them.
This, but I think you need 3 or more posts before you can post photos so they keep out the bot adds.

40877499733_1564e28aef_b.jpg
My Holcomb, the Tremonti and the new Paul.

Awesome mbsurfer! Looks like you need to do 3 NGD threads (start new threads), with your review of each. I am particularly interested in your thoughts on the SE Pauls, as mine should be here very soon. :)

I work a lot and really do not have a lot to say. I used to belong to another PRS site, and I posted there a few times. I will try and post more and I am glad I have made a record at something LOL

At least you have a lot say about your NGD!;)

I am waiting for my red one to come, have had a deposit on it from back in March. I have seen the reviews and everyone says its a great guitar
Where did you order from? Mine should be here in June according to Sweetwater.

For those having a hard time locating one there are quite a few brand news Paul's available on Reverb.com.

Bought mine from Sam Ash. Was told first mid May. Then told end of May. Then told sometime in June. Haven’t heard much else about it otherwise. Basically going to be a surprise when it comes in!

Oh for heavens sake

Same here - was told by my Sweetwater rep that it was going to be March, then May, now sometime in June. Meanwhile, I'm seeing available guitars on Reverb and on at lease one European online site. I would think that Sweetwater is one of PRS's bigger U.S. vendors. I don't understand the continued delay.

Same here - was told by my Sweetwater rep that it was going to be March, then May, now sometime in June. Meanwhile, I'm seeing available guitars on Reverb and on at lease one European online site. I would think that Sweetwater is one of PRS's bigger U.S. vendors. I don't understand the continued delay.

I don't know for sure but it could be that PRS spread the guitars around the world and, because Sweetwater are one of the biggest, have more pre-orders than they received in the first waves. Regardless of how big Sweetwater are, they may not receive ALL the Paul's guitars coming into the US and other dealers will get some stock. They may get a larger quantity based on their size but it would be wrong for PRS to send 'every' Paul's guitar just to Sweetwater to meet all their orders at the expense of all their other dealers orders - whether they have actual customer pre-orders or not.

Other stores will have ordered some Paul's guitars without customer 'pre-orders' to sell in their store and probably why there are some cropping up online. PRS are a global brand too and no doubt have stock arriving in Europe too rather than just sending ALL the Paul's guitars to US and all to Sweetwater to fulfil their 'pre-orders'. All SE's (inc all the other models they make) have to be sent to PRS before they get sent out to distributors. They get distributed to all stores - not just Sweetwater and I bet PRS don't actually know if the guitars are actually pre-orders by customers or just 'store' orders for their stock, to go on their websites to attract customers in to buy. If they receive a 1000 a month for example, they would distribute them around ALL their dealers and, as Sweetwater may be the largest, they may get a more sizeable chunk, but maybe not enough to fill their pre-orders. If for example, they only receive 250 a month, but have a 1000 pre-orders, PRS aren't going to send the other 750 to fulfil their pre-orders when all their other dealers have orders for Guitars too.

As a customer, you can try and find out what position you are in the queue, maybe cancel your pre-order and maybe look around to see if you can find one elsewhere or just wait for the stock to catch up with demand and get your pre-order as and when it becomes available.

Back