PRS SE P20 Parlor- High action?

Palikarijr

Hi there,

Proud new owner of the SE P20 in Vintage Mahogany. The guitar looks gorgeous, plays pretty well, but it seems like the action is pretty high. Is it just mine or have any other owners noticed this? Should I have it set up or is that how they’re intended to be?

I can't find my string height guage so I can only go by personal feel and I don't think it seems high on mine.

EDIT: I found my string action guage. At the 12th fret the height of the high E string is 0.07" (a little less than 5/64ths which is 1.98mm). At the 12th fret the height of the low E string is 0.08" (just a little over 5/64ths which is 1.98mm).

Most setup guides I've seen would say this is right about bang on perfect for an acoustic. This is how it came to me today right out of the box.

Last edited:
I sanded about 1/32” off of the saddle on mine and it feels about right to me.

Hi there,

Proud new owner of the SE P20 in Vintage Mahogany. The guitar looks gorgeous, plays pretty well, but it seems like the action is pretty high. Is it just mine or have any other owners noticed this? Should I have it set up or is that how they’re intended to be?

I don’t have one, but Hans recently bought one for his daughter. We were discussing the guitar yesterday, and he was highly praising it. However, he specifically mentioned how far off the relief in the neck was, and required an immediate adjustment of the truss rod. I would suggest you check that first.

Back