PRS SE Mark Holcomb SVN nut question and tuning stability

Nicolas Auvinet

Hello
I've noticed that the PRS SE Mark Holcomb SVN has two different nuts on the photos and videos, one is white and the other is black. I'm guessing the black is graph tech and the other is cheaper material. I would like to know by the owners of this guitar what nut do you have and how is the tuning stability on either models ? i'm afraid if I buy one with the white nut it might have binding issues and tuning problems.
Thanks

This isn't going to answer your question directly, but the answer is whichever nut has been cut correctly and is burr free and lubricated. A badly cut Graphtech nut is worse than a well cut plastic nut.

So finally I bouht this guitar, the one with a white nut, and I must say I was too focused on nut material because I have zero tuning issues. Fantastic guitar, I'm really impressed with the build quality and the playability. The only small issue I have is that on the low B string the octave is a bit out of tune, I have maxed the saddle and the intonation is acceptable. otherwise on all the other strings the intonation is perfect ! pickups are great too and I really like the scale length.

Back