PRS SE LTD Edition Exotic Wood Top TREMONTI CUSTOM SPALT MAPLE TOP Issues

PeterMcG

Hi Guys,

New to this forum hopefully you guys can help me out.

I recently bought a PRS SE Tremonti Custom from Andertons.co.uk and it has all kinds of issues.

When you buy a PRS/PRS SE you are assured it can be picked up and played straight outta the box

Not true in my case, the guitar buzzes everywhere and if i bend a string(any string) it puts the guitar out of tune(has a floating tremolo system) what could be the cause of this? as I have had a pro setup done on the guitar and they raised the action higher than I wanted but said this was the only way to kill the buzzes and they added relief via the trusrod as well. not very impressed with my first PRS SE.

Also the 9 gauge strings the guitar came with are to light for me will I need to get the nut files to put .10s on it?

Any advice will be very welcome as i love the feel of the neck and the pups sound great.

Yikes. First, I’d be sprinting back to where you bought it, because a “Pro setup” usually means “our tech will do what we like”. Not that something can’t happen to a PRS, but the chances of a huge fail are greatly unlikely. Make the reseller make it right. If they can’t, return it, because that’s not the fault of the guitar, but the reseller. You should never have accepted delivery on a guitar you don’t like.

Yikes. First, I’d be sprinting back to where you bought it, because a “Pro setup” usually means “our tech will do what we like”. Not that something can’t happen to a PRS, but the chances of a huge fail are greatly unlikely. Make the reseller make it right. If they can’t, return it, because that’s not the fault of the guitar, but the reseller. You should never have accepted delivery on a guitar you don’t like.

easier said than done asi live in ireland and andertons is in the uk. returning the guitar would cost more than hopefully getting it sorted, plus i like the guitar just want to get the issues resolved

well I've had issues with andertons myself living outside of the UK... my general advice is to avoid them for international purchases

Do they advertise the setup as being a service included in your purchase?

Maybe contact them and tell them the setup was appalling, and you're not happy as you've paid for the service. You might as well ask for some compensatory measure what have you got to lose? They've already shipped you a guitar that you now need to spend extra cash on to fix up.

Take it to a good tech local to you, sounds like it needs a fret dress and a full setup. I guess you could even get the tech to confirm that the setup from the store is poor and keep your invoice, if you want to take it up with andertons

Guys I emailed Anderton's this morning and they have offered to collect the guitar and do a full set up and post it back to me or a full refund and have been very apologetic about the whole thing.
I have asked if they would maybe consider covering the cost of a local luither with store credit. So I'm just waiting on a respose

That is a great response I must say. I'd love to hear what they say about the local luthier suggestion. Maybe find a PRS dealer near you?

That is a great response I must say. I'd love to hear what they say about the local luthier suggestion. Maybe find a PRS dealer near you?

They met me half way on the cost for the local luither so great customer service from Anderton's.. And the luither made an unreal job of the guitar it plays like a dream as a PRS should

Great to hear. Makes me more likely to get something from them when they get their cool, limited edition items. I'm in Canada, and I am fairly reluctant ordering internationally.

They got straight back to me and offered to ship it back over and do a setup for free or a full refund was also an option. Plus they said they will do me a deal the next time I order with them so 5* service front Anderton's

Glad to hear it all got sorted out. Great customer service on the part of Anderton's.

Back