PRS SE korina's colour

maxtuna26

Hey all SE korina owners, could you guys chime in regarding the Amber finish? I've been looking around and there were variations of the amber finish. Is it really pale like fender's butterscotch blonde or darker and sharp-looking?

They Korina SE One's just have a clear coat on them. The color you see is the raw wood.

I see people listing them for sale and adding a color description in their ad. It's nonsense.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;73929 said:
They Korina SE One's just have a clear coat on them. The color you see is the raw wood.

I see people listing them for sale and adding a color description in their ad. It's nonsense.

Thank you for this, it has always irked me to read about a finish color on wood.

Thank you for this, it has always irked me to read about a finish color on wood.

It's pre-factory, pre-lawsuit, Vintage Yellow. It looks like butter because it plays like butter. Pics just don't do it justice. It SUPER RARE too. Collectors (and "Super Collectors" take note. Only, like, a million of them were ever made! No washers to be found anywhere on it.

My Korina singlecut came in, and it's pretty yellow. It also has a better nut and better intonation than my SE Single Cut Soapbar, my current fave. I'd say it's more of a gold yellow color. I'm not usually a yellow fan, but it's a very nice guitar. It does indeed look like a clear coat over slightly tinted wood. I've never seen a korina quite this vivid in colour.

Hans forget something else. Some of them have a STAR drawn in the pickup cavity. Those were hand built by PRSh at the North Pole.

Back