prs se korina one

gjrp18

Hi guys, is there any p90 pickups that has hum cancelling? Or is it posible to install humbucker pickup?

Last edited:
Some companies do make hum canceling soapbars, but most of those are deeper than traditional soapies and may stick too far out of the pickup cavity hitting the strings. Take some measurements of the pickup depth before making a purchase.

I personally would'nt change to a humcanceling pick up, but I know that another forummember uses a Manlius Quiet Goat and likes it very much .Good luck................

Thank you. Is it posible to install humbucker pickups on korina se one? I saw someone here post a pic with humbucker on his korina one.

Some companies do make hum canceling soapbars, but most of those are deeper than traditional soapies and may stick too far out of the pickup cavity hitting the strings. Take some measurements of the pickup depth before making a purchase.

Zhangbucker and Lollar both make setswith RWRP as standard so the center position cancels hum. I have the Zhangbuckers in my Korina McSoapy and while they're very quiet individually they're silent in the middle position (with respect to hum obviously). I has the Lollars in a Heritage H-137 and they performed similarly.

Fralin makes a great hum canceling P-90 that to my ears sound very much like a P-90. Also, Dimarzio makes several of their standard humbuckers in a P-90 shaped format. TV Jones does as well. Finally, mini-humbuckers as found in a Gibson Les Paul Deluxe might be a good option for you. There are several companies making those, including Duncan, GFS, Lollar, Rio Grande.

In short, you've got a ton of options without resorting to routing the guitar to install regular humbuckers.

what do you guys think of seymour duncan p90 vintage pickups? Are they hum cancelling?

Thank you. Is it posible to install humbucker pickups on korina se one? I saw someone here post a pic with humbucker on his korina one.

I toyed with the idea of installing a bucker on my Korina One, since it's a buzzy little beast. Joe Naylor, from Reverend guitars, is involved with their new railhammer humbuckers, and emailed me that I'd have to remove a little wood from the guitar body to install a humbucker, BUT the stock Korina One pots are perfect for the Railhammer pickups. One less thing to swap out, if you ever go humbucker.

I've decided to learn to use my volume knob, instead of going the humbucker route - cuz that P90 in the K-ONe sounds super sweet. I just can't give it up.

Back