PRS SE EG

johnnymac

just traded for one in pretty rough condition It's a hss black and white, the pick ups seem kinda underwhelming on a clean channel the neck pup seems really full of bass.

I took the pick guard off and it has nothing written on the back of any of them is this normal? could they have been swapped out already? to crap....

and what were these guitars worth new?

here's the add of the one i got

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-guitars-PRS-SE-EG-W0QQAdIdZ575446231

i traded an epiphone dot in pretty mint condition for it.....

any info would be much appreciated, i can post pics of the pickups and pots if needed.

thanks

John

It's hard to tell the condition in the photos, but it was probably a fair trade. Try lowering the bass side of the neck pickup a little and see if that helps balance it out. Also try raising the middle and bridge a bit, if you aren't getting enough push for them. There are a lot of variables that I'm skipping over, like making sure you are starting with a new set of strings, make sure the setup is good, check the height specs on the pups for a starting point, etc. Not to treat you like a novice, because I don't know your level. Also remember that if you normally play humbuckers, the singles are going to sound very different.

Welcome to the forum. Hope you stick around.

Thanks there's a huge chunk of paint missing and touched up on one of the headstock points and around the bottom of the headstock but after cleaning the gross crap off the fingerboard and frets, changing strings and adjusting the pick up heights it's sounds good now.

The screws for the pick guard are kinda rusty and the bridge has some pitting and greening on the saddles xD got some work to do but so far I like it.

Not sure what to do about the headstock.

I'd just leave it and play the heck out of it. You won't have to worry about any new dents and dings.

I'd just leave it and play the heck out of it. You won't have to worry about any new dents and dings.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too :)

I bought both mine used but remember seeing them new @ Sweetwater for $719

I thought it was something like that really nice moon inlays after cleaning the neck and waxing it and restring it adjusting the pups it's playing real nice :D

Back