PRS SE EG h-s-s white exact specs?

iec

iec
Hi,

I recently bought a second hand white SE EG with h-s-s (my first PRS), but I was not able to find exact specs of the guitar. Apparently the model is discontinued. Does anyone know the specs? All help is appreciated :) So far I know that it has Wide fat neck and 25" scale, but what is the radius of the fingerboard and what kind of pick-ups it has? PRS is quite rare here in Finland and I could not find old brochures.

Cheers and thanks in advance,

-iec

Radius is 10". Pickups are just "SE" pickups. I don't think they ever gave any more detail than that on the pickups. Body and neck are mahogany of some variety.

Congrats on the guitar, I like that model a lot.

Radius is 10". Pickups are just "SE" pickups. I don't think they ever gave any more detail than that on the pickups. Body and neck are mahogany of some variety.

Congrats on the guitar, I like that model a lot.

Thanks :) I also really like this model. It combines quite nicely all the things that are good in LP and Strat. The wide fat neck with smaller radius than LP and shorter scale than strat has is a perfect match for my fingers. I was actually thinking that the radius could be something between 9.5 and 11, but your answer sorted it out.

Cheers,
-iec

Good choice. I also have an SE EG with the HSS config, mine is in three tone burst and I have yet to play a strat that I would pick over it.

Email or call customer service with the serial number and they might be able to give you more info.
I've had good luck with them. ..

Email or call customer service with the serial number and they might be able to give you more info.
I've had good luck with them. ..

Thanks for the tip. I sent e-mail to the customer service. Let's see what happens :) Maybe they do not dare to leave me without some answer, because I live so close to the Santa Claus :santa:.

Cheers,
-iec

Hi,

They support answered very quickly and here are the specs (if someone else needs these as well):

PRS SE EG with HSS-pickup arrangement, Serial Fxxxxx
Year 2005, mahogany body, mahogany neck with a wide/fat carve, rosewood fretboard, 10” radius, 6150 style frets with SE pickups.

Cheers,
-iec

Hi again,

Since I'm a tweaker by nature, I updated my SE EG with new Seymour Duncan Classic Stack Plus (STK-S4) in the neck and middle, and put a Seymour Duncan JB (SH-4) in the bridge. I have to tell that now the guitar sounds much better. The singlecoils are noiseless (as silent as humbuckers are) and the sound is perhaps on the same ballpark as with 60's Strats :)

As I opened the pickguard, I saw that both volume- and tonepot were 500kohm versions. There was also a simple treble bleed made by putting a 180pF cap parallel to the volumepot. I was not happy with the 500k volumepot with singlecoils and therefore I put 470kohm resistors parallel to the singlecoils in order to make the singlecoils see total 240kohm which is close to the 250k pots that are typically used with singlecoils. The JB humbucker sees the normal 500k vol pot. Now the neck- and middle pickups are not too bright and the bridge has the typical JB punch and sparkle as it should.

I hope this helps others that are thinking about upgrading the PUs to SE EG-model. It is worth it IMHO :)

EDIT: Here is a nice sound sample about the Classic Stack Plus PUs: http://youtu.be/iJJUzgB3I2Y
EDIT 2: Forgot to mention that I removed the treble bleed cap as well, when I upgraded the pickups.

Cheers,
-iec

Last edited:
Back