PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow - WITHOUT TREMELO

Segovia123

Hi

I have an interest in a PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow, it does not have a tremolo. Initially, I thought it may have been modified but the back of the guitar does not have the access plate on the rear.

I have done some extensive searching and can't find any references to a SE Semi-Hollow without Tremelo.

Advice welcome

Regards

John

There were some made for a few years in the late 00’s and early 2010’s that were a flat top with a contemporary arched f-hole, and then when they were re-introduced more recently with the carved top and more traditional F-hole, if memory serves, for the first year they had a stoptail, then went to a trem bridge after that. So I don’t think you’ll find a lot of the newer stoptail models out there, but they are legit.

Personally, I like the old flat tops most, because they have a mahogany neck with a thicker carve. But, whatever floats your boat.

I think it is 2005 and its the f-hole type, I took the plunge. I made what I thought was a silly offer and it was accepted so I couldn't go back

It's in transit and I'll update when it arrives, I am an Acoustic player and wanted an inexpensive/quality electric guitar to mix things up. a bit.

I haven't seen any negative reviews of the SE's except for problematic tremolo bridges, looking forward to getting it.

I have quite a few semi hollow body guitars from PRS. The thing I love about them is the weight I am predicting you will like the guitar.

As an acoustic player weight is paramount to me, I also play 5 string banjo and it weighs a ton!

Compliments of the Deblanc inventory, I got one about 3 weeks ago. It’s out having a USA Mira bridge pickup connected to the 5 way rotary. The SE neck pickup will stay. Check the Avatar.

I have an SE Custom 22 semi hollow with wrap tail bridge and instead of f-hole, has a Rickenbacker type swoosh shape hole.
Great guitar.....super light, big neck.
Not sure what year it is. This is "pre" F hole guitars.
I LOVE wrap tail bridge guitars.
192561-b19c613efeddae31982ea8c93724e0a1.jpg

I think it is 2005 and its the f-hole type, I took the plunge. I made what I thought was a silly offer and it was accepted so I couldn't go back

It's in transit and I'll update when it arrives, I am an Acoustic player and wanted an inexpensive/quality electric guitar to mix things up. a bit.

I haven't seen any negative reviews of the SE's except for problematic tremolo bridges, looking forward to getting it.

Friend of mine had one of the older ones, and it was a fantastic guitar. You'll be very happy with it.

The Mann bridges are probably the easiest to find ones that fit (not the cheapest), you might also
look at Stew Mac. The Mann type bridges will give you the ability to adjust intonation.
There really is nothing wrong with the SE bridges, the ones like mine are set up for a particular gauge of strings (SE's are 9-42's) and you can't switch back and forth.
I put 10's on mine to try it, but went back to 9's. It was "close", but not quite intonation wise right on.
With the 9's it is right on the money.

Back