PRS SE custom 24/w 3 way blade push pull wiring diagram

Keith Davis

Sorry if this was posted somewhere but I am in need of a diagram to wire back to stock a PRS SE custom 24 with a 3-way blade switch and push-pull coil-split setup. I have a Mark Holcomb model with that setup but when I copied the wiring the pull switch operated backward and it sounded brutal, I thought it was because the pickups are Duncans. I then searched the net for other diagrams and while I can get it to work it's still the same issue half power when in and full when out, out of phase sounding. I am not sure why I haven't been able to fix it but I would be forever grateful if someone could post a clear diagram ensuring the stock SE pickup colors. again sorry if its a newb question.
Cheers!

The SE models are wired different than that diagram. They use an import style 3-way switch, and the wiring to the push-pull is odd. You'd think that the hot and split colors would be the same between pickups, but they seem different. On most push pulls, the wires for split are the same for each pickup but on my 2019 SE Custom 24 one side is green and white for split and the other side is red and black. The side with green and white split has red and bare going to ground and black hot to switch, while the other side has green and bare going to ground and white hot to switch. I'm no luthier or tech so that's very confusing to me because I've wired a lot of humbuckers to push-pulls for coil split and it was always the same colors for both pickups (Seymour Duncan colors for example). I'm wanting to keep my 85/15 S pickups as well as the tone push pull for split, but I'm wanting to change the coils that are active when split from slug coils to screw coils, and I'm wanting to change my volume pot to a push-pull for phase switching, so I can get that Strat-like neck and middle out of phase sound. I can't find any info on these G&B 85/15 S pickups PRS puts in the SE guitars anywhere, and the above diagram is nothing like the way my guitar is wired. I've tried attaching pics of my wiring but I can't seem to figure it out on here.

To post pics, upload to a publicly accessible site, such as flickr. Copy the pic url, then click the image icon above and paste the pic url.

I have the push pull pot wiring diagrams for 2 different SE Cu 24. The first example just grounds out the unused coil, in neck and bridge pups, in single mode. The second example selects one coil of the neck, and grounds out one coil on the bridge, in single mode. Both examples are supposed to be 85/15 S pups, so not sure why wire colors are different, or why the wiring is different

47854121602_35cb26d2ef_o.jpg

40939667033_1e1bb77c0f_o.jpg

To post pics, upload to a publicly accessible site, such as flickr. Copy the pic url, then click the image icon above and paste the pic url.

I have the push pull pot wiring diagrams for 2 different SE Cu 24. The first example just grounds out the unused coil, in neck and bridge pups, in single mode. The second example selects one coil of the neck, and grounds out one coil on the bridge, in single mode. Both examples are supposed to be 85/15 S pups, so not sure why wire colors are different, or why the wiring is different

47854121602_35cb26d2ef_o.jpg

40939667033_1e1bb77c0f_o.jpg

I bought Vaughn and Skow pickups for PRS SE with capacitors. I’ve done pickups in Fender before but I feel like I’m in deep, too deep.

The SE models are wired different than that diagram. They use an import style 3-way switch, and the wiring to the push-pull is odd. You'd think that the hot and split colors would be the same between pickups, but they seem different. On most push pulls, the wires for split are the same for each pickup but on my 2019 SE Custom 24 one side is green and white for split and the other side is red and black. The side with green and white split has red and bare going to ground and black hot to switch, while the other side has green and bare going to ground and white hot to switch. I'm no luthier or tech so that's very confusing to me because I've wired a lot of humbuckers to push-pulls for coil split and it was always the same colors for both pickups (Seymour Duncan colors for example). I'm wanting to keep my 85/15 S pickups as well as the tone push pull for split, but I'm wanting to change the coils that are active when split from slug coils to screw coils, and I'm wanting to change my volume pot to a push-pull for phase switching, so I can get that Strat-like neck and middle out of phase sound. I can't find any info on these G&B 85/15 S pickups PRS puts in the SE guitars anywhere, and the above diagram is nothing like the way my guitar is wired. I've tried attaching pics of my wiring but I can't seem to figure it out on here.

In my humble opinion; Take a 1/4" jack and solder the single pairs to it one by one to see which ones get the best throughput, volume, and sound (without pots). Then use the pairs in the order that you like. Here is a good representation.
fetch

This drawing looks nothing like mine. Green/white pairs to P-P switch, Red to Blade sw poles, Black-bare to switch case.

Sorry if this was posted somewhere but I am in need of a diagram to wire back to stock a PRS SE custom 24 with a 3-way blade switch and push-pull coil-split setup. I have a Mark Holcomb model with that setup but when I copied the wiring the pull switch operated backward and it sounded brutal, I thought it was because the pickups are Duncans. I then searched the net for other diagrams and while I can get it to work it's still the same issue half power when in and full when out, out of phase sounding. I am not sure why I haven't been able to fix it but I would be forever grateful if someone could post a clear diagram ensuring the stock SE pickup colors. again sorry if its a newb question.
Cheers!
Yes Mine is Green/White for both Pickups. The vest thing to do is follow the logical wiring referencing "As Built" and comparing to the New. I have a challenge on hand installing SideKicks by Dean Zalinski.

Back