PRS SE Custom 24 Tremolo arm loose

Luís Sacramento

Hello everyone,

My tremolo arm is kind of loose and won't stay in place, also by come out if I bend over.

I read in some article that there is a small hole in the bridge that can be tightened with an Allen wrench. Well, my guitar did come with a tiny Allen wrench (to adjust the height of the saddles, I would guess), but it isn't big enough to tighten this.

Am I using the wrong tools? Or maybe I got it all wrong?

Thank you in advance.

You want to tighten the grub screw behind the trem arm. You can see the hole in this picture.

kb50GNj.jpg

The thing is, the allen wrench that came with the guitar (the one that adjust the height of the saddles) is very loose when I insert it, and does nothing. Could I be using the wrong key?

The thing is, the allen wrench that came with the guitar (the one that adjust the height of the saddles) is very loose when I insert it, and does nothing. Could I be using the wrong key?
Are you sure the screw is still in the hole? I don't use the tremelo arm on my 35th anniversary, and the adjustment screw would work itself loose. I'd tighten it back just to keep it in place, and eventually it'd work it's way out again until I finally just removed it and put it in the bag. Maybe yours has fallen out?

When I push the key to its limit, I can actually see its tip from above touching the tremolo bar arm. I just learned this today, so for sure I never touched it. How could it have fallen off? If so, is there a way to get a new one?

yeah, sounds like it's missing the screw. You should try contacting PRS customer service and see if they can send you a replacement (it's called "tremolo arm bushing screw"). If they can't help, they do sell a kit of parts that includes it, but it's $25 which is a lot to pay for 1 screw. If you end up needing to buy it, I'd suggest first contacting John Mann's (603-488-1912) and see if they'll sell you just the screw you need, surely for less than $25 I'd think

Put a little clear nail polish in the threads when you get it dialed in. That will stop the screw from backing out again.

Back