PRS SE Custom 24 mini-review

Hi there,

I have bought PRS se custom 24 floyd trampass green, It's really a great guitar, it has 3 way switch blade selector, but i have a doubt that neck pickup and bridge pickup sounds loud and crunch but while i switch to both humbucking pickups it sounds a little low, is it nature of this guitar or a problem in selector?

Ok, now here is the definite final review of this guitar. I have been gigging and tweaking the guitar now for some time. The PUPs have been replaced with Bare Knuckles "Rebel Yells", I re-setup the neck, and replaced the nut with a bone one. I am currently running 9 1/2 strings.

I have A/B'd this guitar with many other guitars of many different types.

All people who have compared this with me universally agree, it is a fine instrument ..... even those with custom 24's (non SE).

The playing is simply sublime. It sound "rich" and has very high harmonic content. It has replaced my venerable custom Strat as my favorite guitar.

I have around 1K in this guitar and it plays and sounds better than anything I have ever played. Sure, it is still hard to beat my Strat center single coil for some sounds, but if I can only have one guitar on stage, it is my PRS SE that gets first seat every time.

If you put a little love into one of these guitars, you will be simply shocked at how good they can sound.

Back