PRS SE Custom 24 like a Les Paul

Not sure that its really going to work, though maybe get you a bit 'closer'?

what gear are you using it through?
I have 2 amps. On the gig I use a 72 Fender Twin Reverb and in Church Worship Band I use a Fender Champion 100. I have a Volume Pedal, Boss Compressor, Tumnus Deluxe OD Pedal and a Boss Digital Delay Pedal. I have my Fender Nashville Tele and my PRS SE Custom 24. I use the SE Custom 24 more than the Tele cause I like the fatness of the Humbuckers more on the gig and I seem to use my Tele more at church, depending on the song and arrangement. I've tried raising the neck pickup to get things a little more fat, but doesn' t seem to have what I'm looking for. Maybe I just need to go to GC and get me a PRS 245 or a Epiphone Les Paul and be done with it. Not sure.

Have you tried adjusting pup heights? Raise the bass side of the pups, and/or lower the treble side.

A different set of pickups like something PAF-ish with A2 magnets will get you closer-ish. But the guitars are so far removed from each other I don't expect you'll ever get particularly close. Now you have a reason to add a Singlecut to your collection!

A different set of pickups like something PAF-ish with A2 magnets will get you closer-ish. But the guitars are so far removed from each other I don't expect you'll ever get particularly close. Now you have a reason to add a Singlecut to your collection!

Pretty much. When I want LP style tones, I reach for the SC Trem with 58/15LTs. MUCH closer than my Custom 24 (even with 57/08 & 59/09 pickups).

A 72 twin has a fairly large sweep with the 3 band EQ. I'd start there since it's free then mess with pickup heights.

My other, more expensive, suggestion is to get another drive pedal. Specifically one with more midrange push or one with a designated mid EQ level adjustment. The tumnus is good but I find it, like every other klone, to throw out all the nice thumpy bass and low-mid girth.

SC 245?!;)

They’re completely different designs. Owning both an 80s US made Les Paul and a 80s US made CU24 they sound nothing like each other, either amplified or unamplified. The LP has a much thicker body, a much shorter unsupported neck length, different string attachment (I’m guessing your LP has a tune-o-matic), different scale length, different headstock break angle etc, etc. I think a lot of the sound of a CU24 is in the trem, if you ever pull one off they’re very heavy (the old Mann ones are anyway) and I think that contributes as much as anything to the overall sound of the guitar (thinning out the sound). I’ve only played US-made 85/15s but they sounded quite bright modern pickups to me so the PUs will be a factor too. Overall if you want a LP sounding guitar I think you’re best served swapping the one you’ve got for a more LP style guitar. (The above is the reason I’ve not as yet splashed $600 on a set of Throbaks as I’m fairly sure my PRS will still sound like a PRS rather than magically becoming a better built LP). That said there is a rig rundown with Billy Gibbons’ tech where he says that he EQs all of Billy’s guitars to sound the same live regardless of type (and he runs through a load of Billy’s guitars including LPs, Teles, etc – so a wide mismatch in sonic terms). So I’m sure you could do something EQ wise, but I’m guessing Billy’s budget allows some fairly fancy processing.

I may be way off here, but instead of spending all that money on that guitar, maybe pick up a Tremonti SE? Might get you closer without having to really mess with the current guitar too much? Used they are pretty afforbable

I may be way off here, but instead of spending all that money on that guitar, maybe pick up a Tremonti SE? Might get you closer without having to really mess with the current guitar too much? Used they are pretty afforbable
i was just thinking the same thing earlier today. Might go looking tomorrow.

I had an SE CU 24 for a while and it really is a very different guitar from a Les Paul.

I’ve just rejoined the PRS family with an SE 245 and it’s much closer in terms of tone and feel ( still different though).

I think the body thickness and also the 22 frets and scale length combine to contribute to that ‘Les Paul’ feel.

Back