PRS SE Custom 24 High E string

Discussion in 'PRS News' started by Diablo, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Diablo

Diablo New Member

Does anyone have a problem with their High E string dounfing kind of “tinny” after changing over to locking tuners? I changed out my tuners to locking tuners that I purchased from the Guitar Vault, I believe they are Phase 1 type. The guitar tunes up great, but just the sound of the one string that bothers me.

2. mad monk

mad monk New Member

Could simply be a bad string. I thought there was a problem with my guitar because it wouldn't tune, or stay in tune. After two sets of the offending brand of strings, I switched. My guitar was fine. Cheapest route first in diagnosing.

3. Diablo

Diablo New Member

Hey Mad Monk, Love that name by the way! Glad you said that about the string because I forgot to mention that I did change out that one string. You have a point on the quality string theory. The strings that went on after the “tuner change out” came in a package from PRS after joined the “Signature Club”. I use Ernie Ball Cobalts on my Strat, maybe I’ll do the same on this one too!! Thank you Sir for your good advice!!