PRS SE Custom 24 has anyone tried rotating or flipping split coil pickups?

Russell Crea

PRS SE Custom 24 has anyone tried rotating or flipping split coil pickups?
Any opinions if single coil modes sound better or worse?

Last edited:
I notice the core versions of the 35th Anniversary Custom 24 and Paul’s guitar have the neck pickup reversed, while the S2 and SE versions do not.

I am tempted to flip the neck pickup in my SE 35th CU24 ... it should sound slightly different when split.

I notice the core versions of the 35th Anniversary Custom 24 and Paul’s guitar have the neck pickup reversed, while the S2 and SE versions do not.

I am tempted to flip the neck pickup in my SE 35th CU24 ... it should sound slightly different when split.
I did this to both pick ups as shown in the picture and they really do make a difference in tone. The bridge is thicker and the neck cuts through a little more. Also the middle position split Sounds a little more 2 or 4 in between positions Strat like. I don’t think there’s any change in humbucker tone at all.

I can't get picture to upload. Do pics have to have a url? Seems like they should be uploaded without a url?
They need to be uploaded to a 3rd party photo site like Imgur or Flickr. Once you have them there, you can link them to your post.

Picture attempt, hope it works. I think the zebrasflipped look ok.
190724926@N08

hosting everyone’s files sure doesn’t sound like a legal liability for an internet media corporation like paul reed smith guitars.
could be a good point, but carrying that out someone could write something that is a legal liability

Just to rerail this interesting thread:

I rotated the Neck pup on my 30th Anniversary CU24 with 85/15S's. I really dont notice much differance in tone when in either humbucker or split mode. I may try the bridge later today, to see if that does anything.

Back