PRS SE Custom 24 - First Purchase?

steves

Hi All,

New Player and First PRS purchase.

PRS SE Custom 24 Guitar in great condition (2015), hardly played.

Can I get some advise on this model as my first PRS?

Last edited:
Thanks for the link....Sorry, I need 3 posts to add a picture.
In your art sent it the 4th one from the left with the maple color head stock.
He's asking $500?

Comments...??

In your art sent its the 4th one from the left with the maple color head stock.
He's asking $500?

Still no pics...must be an epiphone.

All kidding aside, my first PRS was a 30th anni SE Custom 24 with the double birds. It was a great guitar and great introduction to the PRS family. If the guitar is in great shape, the asking price seems inline IMO especially if it has the gig bag and case candy included. It never hurts to shoot a lower offer, the worst they can say is no...

BTW, You'll need to host on something like imgur or photobucket(yuck) then copy the link here.

Thanks for the reply, really not familiar with hosting on those sites and can't figure out how to insert images!

If you use Imgur (it's free and easy), you upload your pics there. Once it's uploaded, click on it to open the picture. Once it's open, there will be 6 link boxes to the right of the picture. Click on the one that says " BB Code". Go to your post, right click, paste. No need to use the Image button on the posting tool bar.

I have a Zach myers in that color, and a CU24 in fire red burst and love both guitars. The only thing I didn't like was the blank truss rod cover which looked odd to me so I got one with PRS written on it for about $10. There are some more interesting ones for American models but I don't think they are the same size.

Comments...??

In your art sent its the 4th one from the left with the maple color head stock.
He's asking $500?
If it's mint maybe. Check sold eBay listings for comps. You could likely get him to come down.

Nice guitar. Only thing with SE models, as I think is the case with all of them, is the body and neck are built really well, but all the accoutrements are lacking
Tuners, pots, pickups, etc usually are lower grade stuff

You can buy used Custom 24 SE's all day long at Dave's Guitar Shop for $550 with free shipping. Has about a dozen of them and a few Floyd ones for $40 more. I bought two SE's from him in the last year and they have been fantastic. Dave's SE's are priced quite competitively so if the one your looking at is mint $500 is fair price if it includes shipping since it hasn't been through an inspection through a well known retailer.

Last edited:
I posted this in another SE thread, this is my 2012 Custom 22 semi Hollow SE
I modded it pretty heavily, basically took out all the Korean parts and put in new Gibson, PRS, and tone pros parts. (pots, switch, Tuners, Pickjups - Mccarty archtop 1999's.
Only thing I kept was the nut which my guitar tech told me was done pretty well for a factory guitar. I even re-did the headstock to get rid of the ugly SE logo

Upu8kty.jpg

Nice guitar. Only thing with SE models, as I think is the case with all of them, is the body and neck are built really well, but all the accoutrements are lacking
Tuners, pots, pickups, etc usually are lower grade stuff

Absolutely right.
But they are fit for purpose. If the tuners didnt hold properly I would replace them. Dont need to.
Pickups? perfect as are. I want this sound. I'll never change them.

I have non-PRS guitars that have needed new bridge/switch/pickups/jack socket/re-wiring etc and its all been done.

MIK SE hardwear is lower grade than core, but of fine quality nevertheless.

I'm still looking for one, this one fell through...
Had another question...in my search, is there any years that are better, or years to stay away from?
I had heard that the newer years are somewhat better?

I’d personally be looking for something 2017 or newer (to get the signature logo on the headstock) and made in Korea not Indonesia

Back