PRS SE Custom 24 - 7-String

EdSevered

Fly on the Wall
First, other than posting it to this thread, I have no affiliation to the Reverb link, below. Nor do I have any designs on purchasing that axe. I have enough trouble with six strings. So, as far I am concerned, if it tickles your fancy, go for it.

Now, I am no expert, but this PRS SE Custom 24, 7-String seems like it could be a pretty rare bird. Rare enough, in my mind, to throw it out here for all to see and discuss, if desired. I don’t recall anyone ever mentioning this model.

I would’ve posted the pictures only, but it’s too big a hassle to bother. Especially with how cheap digital storage is these days. It’s my own little protest.

Last edited:
Yeah, I figured that out since posting. And here I thought I was pretty observant. Huh.

Not that rare. It was actually replaced by the SVN, and then the Holcomb SVN came along as a variation. I have the original and the Holcomb, but I don’t think I’ve ever actually seen an SVN.

The SE 7 sting is interesting. What made it not as popular was the short (for a seven string) scale length of 25’, same as standard PRS. I used to be a skeptic of that scale length till I purchased a PS 7 string with the same scale length accidentally (I thought it was a 26.5) and had no idea until I tried to tune it to drop G (the whole story is documented on a thread here somewhere )
Net net if my other se SVNs are anything to go by, quality will be great . The 25’ scale length is perfectly fine for drop A and if anything the rest of the guitar is less compromised by having a longer scale length .
Highly recommend

Back