PRS SE Custom 22 questions

Victek

Friends,
I'm thinking about getting a used PRS SE Custom 22. It has humbucking zebra pickups, wraparound tailpiece, pickup toggle switch and dot/moon inlays (not birds). Can someone say what neck type it has, eg wide thin, wide thick? I'd also be interested in your thoughts about this model generally. TIA :p

I had one for a few years, my first PRS actually. The neck was wide-fat, SE as what's found on a lot of the current SE models. Really nice guitar. I would say it had an SG- esque tone. I would give a slight edge to the newer SE 245 (and the many similar signature models based on it), as the 245 pickups are great, but I wouldn't hesitate to get the 22, if it's in good shape.

I had one for a few years, my first PRS actually. The neck was wide-fat, SE as what's found on a lot of the current SE models. Really nice guitar. I would say it had an SG- esque tone. I would give a slight edge to the newer SE 245 (and the many similar signature models based on it), as the 245 pickups are great, but I wouldn't hesitate to get the 22, if it's in good shape.

Thanks for the reply. I already have an SE CU24 (wide/thin neck) which I really like. I'm used to thicker necks as well so I wouldn't expect the wide/thick neck on the CU22 to be an obstacle. Fortunately I can buy the CU22 with an option to return if it doesn't work out for some reason.

Back