PRS SE Black Hardware

GPS

Hey everyone,

I bought an SE Custom 22 Semi-Hollow and I love it. However, I do not like all of the chrome hardware. I usually only buy guitars with black hardware like my camo SE.

The problem is that I’m having a hard time finding black SE software for sale. When I do find some, they don’t appear to be in great shape. I am not interested in other brands of tuners or bridges. I would like to make it look like it came from the factory with whatever modifications I do to it.

Is there anyone out there that would want to trade hardware with me? My guitar is a B-Stock 2017 model. I just bought it in January so the hardware is brand new.

Let me know if anyone is interested!

45991068284_72dc2c18a7_k.jpg

Unfortunately I don’t have any hardware to trade, but if you are willing to buy new hardware then the Schroeder bridge can be had in “Gun black”. Gotoh locking tuners can also be ordered from the g-Jax store in Cosmo black.

I believe I have seen a Mannmade bridge in black, but could not see one on the website. Might also be worth it to contact John Mann.

Unfortunately I don’t have any hardware to trade, but if you are willing to buy new hardware then the Schroeder bridge can be had in “Gun black”. Gotoh locking tuners can also be ordered from the g-Jax store in Cosmo black.

I believe I have seen a Mannmade bridge in black, but could not see one on the website. Might also be worth it to contact John Mann.

I’d definitely choose the Mann given those 2 choices.

Yeah I don’t mind buying new. PRS used to sell Black SE hardware a long time ago. Unfortunately they just sell nickel and gold now.

Those other brands are definitely options if I can’t find any PRS hardware. Thank you!

Last edited:
Mann for the win.

Huh???:confused:

B-Stock is a brand new model that did not sell. It is a 2017 model year guitar, but I bought it brand new in 2019. Does that make sense? 2017 was the last Korean made stop tail version of the guitar I bought. So I was lucky to find a B-Stock.

It does look like Mannmade offers black tuners. I might look into powder coating the bridge. I really like the bridge design on my guitars.

Back