prs se bernie marsden ltd

hello to all from greece.i am an owner of a brand new prs se bernie marsden a few hours ago.i would like to your opinion about the pickups and their specs because i can hardly find any informations.i believe they are medium output.i am playing electric blues mostly,a bit of classic rock,and some jazz-funk with my band.i dont use any pedals,i am playing through a fender pro junior cranked usually an use the volume on my guitar for clean-crunch-solo tones.i havent played the guitar a lot so far.i played about 45-60 minutes..i liked the overdriven tones,but i couldnt get a good clean tone unless i turn the volume at 4-5.so i would like to know your opinion about the pickups,some height or adjustments suggestions or some after market pickups.thank you.

Howdy! Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your Bernie. It's such a great guitar, that punches way, way above it's price. It will have the SE245 pick ups in it. Medium output. They (all PRS pickups) respond well to small height adjustments of the pick ups, and the poles. Lots of guys set up their tone with the volume around 7 and then use the volume and tone controls to add to what they're looking for.

Ultimately, I replaced the pick ups in mine with the Bare Knuckle Abraxas pickups. Loved them. Suhr Doug Aldrich, SD Pearly Gates, and Antiquities would be a couple of other good option.

Howdy! Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your Bernie. It's such a great guitar, that punches way, way above it's price. It will have the SE245 pick ups in it. Medium output. They (all PRS pickups) respond well to small height adjustments of the pick ups, and the poles. Lots of guys set up their tone with the volume around 7 and then use the volume and tone controls to add to what they're looking for.

Ultimately, I replaced the pick ups in mine with the Bare Knuckle Abraxas pickups. Loved them. Suhr Doug Aldrich, SD Pearly Gates, and Antiquities would be a couple of other good option.
thank you mate.glad to join your community.one thing that i like in these stock pick ups is that you can achieve some great peter greenish tones..

I love my Bernie, and even though it doesn’t have the stock pickups anymore, I liked the SE G&B 245 pickups enough to mark them and stash them away for later.

My go-to solution for hot PRS pickups has been to lower the neck flush with the ring and then bury the pole-pieces just beneath the bobbins or covers.

and this is the guitar
5a844e95165eac99e062870f5183be99.jpg

Don't have any experience with the Bernie, but hello to another Greek guy! :)
You say Bernie LTD. What is the LTD part of it? I remember a run for the UK with 57/08 pickups...
Also you should know that this forum likes pictures!!! :D;)

The Bernie was made to feel and play like his 59 LP (the beast), and so it should do the music you play very well. For me, the amp has as much or more to do with the clean tone you are going to get than the pickups do. That Pro Jr should have decent cleans but I wouldn't run it cranked. Back off about half as a test so it doesn't clip and then use the volume to taste. See if that mellows your tone.

Don't have any experience with the Bernie, but hello to another Greek guy! :)
You say Bernie LTD. What is the LTD part of it? I remember a run for the UK with 57/08 pickups...
Also you should know that this forum likes pictures!!! :D;)
yes its a limited run in europe.100 pieces in each of 3 available colours

The Bernie was made to feel and play like his 59 LP (the beast), and so it should do the music you play very well. For me, the amp has as much or more to do with the clean tone you are going to get than the pickups do. That Pro Jr should have decent cleans but I wouldn't run it cranked. Back off about half as a test so it doesn't clip and then use the volume to taste. See if that mellows your tone.
100% right!!

yes its a limited run in europe.100 pieces in each of 3 available colours
Actually, I think the 53/10 Bernie was limited to 50 guitars, according to press releases at the time. The core 53/10 limited was the one that only 100 were made, 25 each of 4 different colours.
The 53/10 Bernie had nickel covers, so this looks like a normal bernie

Back