PRS SE Angelus Custom won't stay in tune

Asadxt

I just bought my Custom SE acoustic guitar a week ago from a cold and snowy NYC and brought it to Pakistan. The problem with the instrument is that within five minutes of playing after tuning it, it tends to (slightly) go out of tune. The difference isn't much, but it's intelligible.
Now, I know that after a long play, acoustics eventually do slightly go out of it, but this just does so a bit too quickly. I stretched the strings, tried graphite in the nut, all that stuff, but to no avail.
It's starting to get really irritating. Can someone tell me what could be the issue? Thanks!

Maybe a proper setup is needed? I've had mine since the week they were released, one of the first hundred out and it never goes out of tune.

Maybe a proper setup is needed? I've had mine since the week they were released, one of the first hundred out and it never goes out of tune.
Is the setup the same as any other acoustic guitar or is it any different because of the bracing pattern and whatnot? Thanks!

Is the setup the same as any other acoustic guitar or is it any different because of the bracing pattern and whatnot? Thanks!

The bracing has nothing to do with the set-up. It should be set-up like any other guitar...

I just bought my Custom SE acoustic guitar a week ago from a cold and snowy NYC and brought it to Pakistan. The problem with the instrument is that within five minutes of playing after tuning it, it tends to (slightly) go out of tune. The difference isn't much, but it's intelligible. hungry shark evolution cheats
Now, I know that after a long play, acoustics eventually do slightly go out of it, but this just does so a bit too quickly. I stretched the strings, tried graphite in the nut, all that stuff, but to no avail.
It's starting to get really irritating. Can someone tell me what could be the issue? Thanks!

Did it come with new strings? if not , replace them, that could be a problem

Did it come with new strings? if not , replace them, that could be a problem
I put new strings on yesterday and properly wound them at the tuning pegs. Its much better now! I guess the guys at GuitarCenter had just winged it with the stringing. :D

Excellent outcome!

It's always good to put your own strings on and do it right when you get a new guitfiddle. ;)

Back