PRS SE 245

Pat Wheatley

I'm seriously considering a PRS SE 245 or 245 Standard. I really like the Tobacco Sunburst finish, but I like the maple on the 245.

Guitar Center is listing the 245 and 245 Standard with Tobacco Sunburst, but PRS website indicates only Vintage Sunburst on the 245 and Tobacco on the Standard.

So, is Guitar Center screwed up?

I'm seriously considering a PRS SE 245 or 245 Standard. I really like the Tobacco Sunburst finish, but I like the maple on the 245.

Guitar Center is listing the 245 and 245 Standard with Tobacco Sunburst, but PRS website indicates only Vintage Sunburst on the 245 and Tobacco on the Standard.

So, is Guitar Center screwed up?

Is it brand new? I wouldn't worry about their discription. One way to tell is if the top being flamed on the 245s maple cap, and the 245 standard has no flamed veneer but rather natual mahogany with no cap. The new 245 also has an adjustable bridge where the standard has a one piece bridge. That's not the gospel but just going off of the one I have. GC screwing up is highly possible. But if you like the color I wouldn't put too much stock in GCs description. Hope this helps.

Is it brand new? I wouldn't worry about their discription. One way to tell is if the top being flamed on the 245s maple cap, and the 245 standard has no flamed veneer but rather natual mahogany with no cap. The new 245 also has an adjustable bridge where the standard has a one piece bridge. That's not the gospel but just going off of the one I have. GC screwing up is highly possible. But if you like the color I wouldn't put too much stock in GCs description. Hope this helps.

They're brand new. I'm simply curious about colors. I really wish someone here had some in stock so I could check them out.

When I was looking for a P22, I found one online at guitar center. Their pictures are always terrible so I asked for some better ones. This was the P22 described as "emerald green."

r1VGXVQ.jpg

Back