PRS SE 245 Soldering to the wraparound bridge

Rebus

Hey guys,

Newbie, so forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

My PRS SE 245 - beautiful guitar - is about to get a whole new load of electronics. (A treat from me to me.)

Previously, it had solderless EMGs in. New electronics are all passive, traditional soldered.

I've just realised that some idiot (me) cut the ground wire to the wraparound bridge far too short when the solderless pickups went in..

It now only protrudes 1mm or so into the cavity, not even remotely long enough to reach anything

Whereabouts is the ground connection - under one of the tailpiece studs? How do I reach it to re-solder?

I'm comfortably soldering, but this is a new one for me!

It's the standard PRS SE wraparound bridge.

Thanks in advance for your help. Pleasure to be here, longtime PRS fan, owned multiple. Meaning to join for a while!

Welcome to the forum.

The great thing about gifts to you from you is that you always get exactly what you want.

The best thing you can do is pull the wraptail stud from the body and stick a new wire in there.

You could also put a long screw in from the pickup cavity that touches the post... but that’s kinda the quick and ugly way.

Yeah, yank the stud for a new wire. If it’s stuck in really tight I think the bottom of the stud is open, then you can just thread a bolt with the same threads all the way down and when it reaches the body keep turning it to pull the stud out.

Thanks all - managed to solder an 'extension' wire to the bit that was prodtruding in the end!

Back