PRS SE 245 11th Fret Buzz issue

RJD0305

Hi guys,
I was trying to possibly find a solution to my problem in one of the existing threads but neadless to say, there's too many threads and i am not able to search. So apologies in advance if i am creating a new thread for this. Anyhow...

I recently bought a second hand PRS SE 245 which was in pretty excellent condition. Howevet, the previous owner tweaked the set up a to make it extremely low action. Now on yhe 11th fret specifically, there is minor fret buzzing. The problem becomes more evident when you bend the strings. When you bend the string, it actually frets out already. The problem is mainly on the 11th fret but the higher frets 12th to 17th fret has some buzzing but a little less noticeable as the 11th fret.

My question is do you guys think if raising the saddle will help solve the problem? Or will this need a truss rod adjustment?

Appreciate your expert advise on this. Many thanks and cheers!

The cause of your fret buzz could be multiple reasons.

Neck relief, action too low, high frets, or a combination.

If you are not confident to adjust the guitar yourself, I would advise you to take it to a trusted luthier after the apocalypse has ended.

Good luck.

I'd start with a truss rod adjustment. It's possible the neck has shifted a little since the move. If you've never done one before, it's not as intimidating as it sounds. Be conservative and go slow. Give it a bit to settle in.

Back