PRS SE 20

Russ62

I have a PRS se20, and wanted to know has anyone used the effects loop on their amp? Is it worth using on my delay,chorus, flanger and reverb pedals they are all TC electronic. I have been running them in front of the amp.

It depends how you run your amp. The theory is that the more you send your preamp towards distortion, the more the preamp compresses the input signal. The impact to your spacial effects is that your reverb and delay trails lose dynamics and are closer in volume to your original note. Placing them in the loop of any amp should give you a cleaner effect.

I have a PRS se20, and wanted to know has anyone used the effects loop on their amp? Is it worth using on my delay,chorus, flanger and reverb pedals they are all TC electronic. I have been running them in front of the amp.
sounds good I will give it a try.

I run my Chorus and delay through the fx loop. As mentioned what I gather it is just andded to the power stage and does not effected by the preamp . The FX loop on the SE20 also has specific tubes in the circuit that are not the same as the pre amp tubes. So there you will get a different tone and effect also. ALSO from what I read in the manual using the FX loop one does not need to worry about the pedal being a true bypass as it has a buffer built in it to keep signal pure.

I use the loop on my SE30 for delay, chorus, etc and it works great. The instrument/pedal level setting was a really smart addition by Doug and crew.

Back