PRS SC questions....

Thanks I thought all LPs were 24.75".

Anyway, the SC24, SC594 look great. Does one play faster or seem more modern than the other? I lean more toward modern PRS models over vintage.

Love my SC250, but a different singlecut would be cool. Thanks for the ideas, guys!

If I had the standard PRS bridge, I'd eve tually replace with the adjustable bridge.

I am guessing the PRS wrap around bridge is smoother and more comfy than the clunky stop tail. I see some PRSi use the stop tail.

So many to choose from.
594 vs SC245s vs SC58...
Well, the more “modern” SC’s are more inline with “vintage” and vice versa, so an older SC would probably feel and sound more “modern”.

I love the feel of the regular PRS wrap around! I have an adjustable on my Bernie, and it’s really not needed. But then again, I’m not doing like, dropped Z metal chugs.

As I said, I really like the Ted’s, they’re harder to find nowadays but… they’re so silky playing and I adore the look.

Is there a way to determine which singlecuts are solid and not weight relieved? I know early singlecuts are solid. I prefer that.

To bad the Tremonti has a thin neck.
At least for me, I like a fatter neck.

Well, the more “modern” SC’s are more inline with “vintage” and vice versa, so an older SC would probably feel and sound more “modern”.

I love the feel of the regular PRS wrap around! I have an adjustable on my Bernie, and it’s really not needed. But then again, I’m not doing like, dropped Z metal chugs.

As I said, I really like the Ted’s, they’re harder to find nowadays but… they’re so silky playing and I adore the look.
Thanks...
Yes, like an older Singlecut or SC250 which I already have. Prefer solid wood, not weight relieved.
I just find for intonation of heavy strings like 11-56, the adjustable bridge is better and we will occasionally do drop C# or C or just a half step down. I like how rich and warm drop tunings sound.

Talking to a guy about his

McCarty SC594.
I love dark cherry burst but prefer a wrap around bridge.

Thanks I thought all LPs were 24.75".

Anyway, the SC24, SC594 look great. Does one play faster or seem more modern than the other? I lean more toward modern PRS models over vintage.

Love my SC250, but a different singlecut would be cool. Thanks for the ideas, guys!

If I had the standard PRS bridge, I'd eve tually replace with the adjustable bridge.

I am guessing the PRS wrap around bridge is smoother and more comfy than the clunky stop tail. I see some PRSi use the stop tail.

So many to choose from.
594 vs SC245s vs SC58...

I ant solid wood and the upper neck heel carve for great upper fret access like my SC250! Are the 594 models like that?
A lot I am finding seem to be McCarty 294 models which I think are more vintage with chunky LP style neck heels.
The 594 is the best hard tail guitar ever made on the planet. Go forth!

Talking to a guy about his

McCarty SC594.
I love dark cherry burst but prefer a wrap around bridge.

I encountered my first 594 while sharing your exact preference. The 594 does things that the other guitars can’t, and every piece contributes. Play one and see what you think. They are fantastic.

I encountered my first 594 while sharing your exact preference. The 594 does things that the other guitars can’t, and every piece contributes. Play one and see what you think. They are fantastic.
You Mena my preference for the wrap around bridge?
What you like about the 594 so much?
I can't find to play so I'd have to just order or buy used.

A McCarty 594 or SC594?
Vintage Pickups? Fat neck?

I was looking at getting an Adam Jones LP but made a left turn and have been looking at PRSi again since I love my SC250.

Any of you guys know about the original Singlecuts from the early 2000s?i see a lot of 2001-2003 Singlecuts. They look like the Tremonti with the regular bridge. I coild buy a used one, replace the bridge with an adjustable bridge and install a Tremonti Bridge pickup which I like a lot.
I know they are 25" scale and solid wood, no weight relief.

The 594 is the best hard tail guitar ever made on the planet. Go forth!
Handles high gain well? I could see installing a Tremonti if I did.

Is it weight relieved?

Curious what you all like about it over the original SC, SC250, etc.?

Any of you guys know about the original Singlecuts from the early 2000s?i see a lot of 2001-2003 Singlecuts. They look like the Tremonti with the regular bridge. I coild buy a used one, replace the bridge with an adjustable bridge and install a Tremonti Bridge pickup which I like a lot.
I know they are 25" scale and solid wood, no weight relief.
This would essentially make a ”Tremonti”. The first TM’s were almost the same spec as the Singlecuts back then. The only differences were the pickups, bridge, tuners, and the underwear tag inlay at the 12th fret. Both had WF necks.

This would essentially make a ”Tremonti”. The first TM’s were almost the same spec as the Singlecuts back then. The only differences were the pickups, bridge, tuners, and the underwear tag inlay at the 12th fret. Both had WF necks.
Oh the early Tremonti had wide fat necks?
Right so it's a lot like the early singlecuts. I could care less how close it is. As long as I like it. :)

I had an early 2000s McCarty that I wasn't crazy about and sounded too tubby. Live my CE22 and had a Cu22 that got destroyed by my CE22 and SC250.

I found a 2001 black tremonti but it has neck wear.

Getting an old singlecut could be a good idea or a 594 if I want more LP like.

I had one that played fantastic. They came with #6 pickups. Some people like them, some don’t. I didn’t care for them. I swapped them for 58/15LTs which were perfect for that guitar. I like how it felt like a CU22, not as hefty as my old SC245. Sadly singlecuts and I don’t get along so away it went.

87NN4c9.jpg
I LOVE the top on this one. The color, the grain pattern - I've never seen anything quite like it!

Handles high gain well? I could see installing a Tremonti if I did.

Is it weight relieved?

Curious what you all like about it over the original SC, SC250, etc.?
The entire playability of the 594 scale length is second to none. The pattern vintage neck carve is big and fast at the same time, it’s my favorite PRS neck carve. The 58/18LT pickups are not high gain, but it’s like you can’t tell. I find high gain pickups is like speaking through a cheese grater. If you boost the 58/18LT with enough preamp gain boost, they sound heavy AS. They split incredibly well too. The 594 body and top plate thicknesses are designed to contribute to its unique sound, it’s dynamite.

Regarding DC vs. SC, they both play and sound great, but are also a bit different. After my first DC, I started a pickup-swapping journey in one 594 I found used and now I have six of them. They slay.

The wraparound bridge is my favorite format, but I don’t notice the two piece 594 bridge, and it’s certainly not a weak link.

The SC Trem was thinner than the regular SC, but it wasn't as thin as a Custom. They were either McCarty thickness or somewhere between that and the regular SC. I don't remember which.

Anyway, they were badass guitars.

Thanks guys, I'm learning a lot.
I was looking to get a Gibson Adam Jones LP Standard tilli started thinking about another PRS, and now I want another PRS. :)

FYI... I'm a rock, hard rock and metal guy.

Why do some SC245s have a wraparound bridge and some have a two piece?

So...I found an older original 2002 cherry red singlecut. Not sure if the pickups then but I think the neck is wide fat.
I'd love to get it and replace the bridge with the adjustable wraparound.

Looks so nice 25", fat neck, cherry finish and it's in amazing shape. They are asking $2800!
Is that high? Igor my 2008 SC250 for less than $2000!

I thought the SC guitar at this time has locking tuners?? My Cu22, CE22 and SC250 all came stock with locking tuners.
This one has vintage LP style kluson tuners?

This is the 594 I'm looking at. But $250 for shipping seems crazy high.

This one is unreal looking in my opinion and if a little less money, I'd go for it...
Maybe I should and be happy. Lol.

Last edited:
That Charcoal 594 does look really good. But you have to be happy.
Looks amazing.
Problem is I know if end up replacing the bridge pickup with something like a Tremonti so it almost makes sense to get an SC250 or older 25" scale So nglecut and replacing the bridge pickup and bridge with adjustable one.

Does anyone know why the older early 2000s Singlecuts had vintage tuners and not locking tuners? The two 2001-2002 25" SC models I've seen have vintage hluson tuners like an LP.
I want an adjustable bridge and locking tuners. Hence I keep coming back to the SC250 or maybe I'd love the SC595 or 245.

I don't understand PRS at times. I see the same guitar like the 245, some with vintage kluson tuner, some with locking tuners, some with wrap around one piece bridges and some with two piece vintage stop tail style bridges, some weight relieved, some solid. Make sit hard just deciding on one type of guitar. :(
Then I see early 2000 Singlecuts, some with locking tuners and some with vintage kluson.

After Gibson tried to sue (and failed) PRS for putting out Singlecut guitars, PRS was free to adopt Gibson’s marketing ploy of making each year’s guitars a little bit closer vintage 50’s LP specs, so you’d have to buy a new guitar…. To sound like an old guitar.

The PRS SC will continue to mutate until it’s just a Gibson Les Paul.

2003 (top) and 2007 (bottom).

The 2007 came first, between the extreme yellowing of the #6 pickups and rings and a little bit of top-end harshness that I wanted to tame, Adjusting pickup heights only got me so far, so I decided to experiment with wax potting and adding nickel covers. It did the trick. I also junked the yellowed rings and replaced them with the ivory rings.

I picked up the 2003 more recently when I saw some absolute fool selling it for $1600., I was prepared to do the same job on the pickups, but found the #6s in this guitar to be much warmer, so I left them as is. Don’t know if it’s simply down to changes that were made in the latter years, or simply down to lack of consistency from pickup to pickup or guitar to guitar. One thing I can say is that the 2003 is nearly a full pound heavier than the 2007.

Last edited:
Back