PRS SC-J

W. Scott Mohn

As you probably know, PRS made 300 SC-J guitars in 2008-2009. 100 went overseas. The other 200 were sold in the USA. I now have two of the 200. I just love them. I sold my last Gibson 335 last week. So the SC-Js are the only guitars I have left. One is natural, and one is red. I play County and Jazz. After a lot of experimenting, I concluded they were the only guitars I would ever need. If you have not played one, I highly recommend the SC-J.

As you probably know, PRS made 300 SC-J guitars in 2008-2009. 100 went overseas. The other 200 were sold in the USA. I now have two of the 200. I just love them. I sold my last Gibson 335 last week. So the SC-Js are the only guitars I have left. One is natural, and one is red. I play County and Jazz. After a lot of experimenting, I concluded they were the only guitars I would ever need. If you have not played one, I highly recommend the SC-J.
We would certainly love to see them…:p:D

I played Just CW for about 20 years as I was in the military and lived mostly in the south. But I always loved jazz standards too. Willie Nelson came out with his Stardust album in about 78 (I also share a birthday with Willie but he is a few years older. I am 81). This album kind of set me free to add Standards to my playlist. I now carry about 240 Country and about 260 Standards. It took me years to afford an ES-335. But I discovered a PRS and found I loved the SC-J. So now my two SC-J guitars are all I have. Love them.

Looks like someone may be building a Private Stock one (pic from yesterday)?

psf-15-jpg.10614

I like Cole Porter best in the Jazz Standards, but I play some of almost everyone including Jobin. In Country, I do a lot of Willie, Strait, Alan Jackson, Zac Brown, Midland, and something of almost everyone in Classic Country like George Jones, Don Willians, Conway, etc.

Fantastic! We like a lot of the same things despite a pretty big gap in age. I'm 28.

Coincidentally, I've only ever seen one SC-J and it was a red one someone I went to music school with had. Beautiful instruments.

If anyone can give me some understandable directions on how to post my pictures I would appreciate it. I could not get anything done with the PRS directions. Thanks, Scott

If anyone can give me some understandable directions on how to post my pictures I would appreciate it. I could not get anything done with the PRS directions. Thanks, Scott
Hey Scott! I know it can be frustrating for many of us when it comes to pix on this forum!! Here is a thread ( https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/sharing-pictures-on-prs-forum.47818/ ) that has a PDF tutorial, a video tutorial as well as links to all other threads I am aware of on this forum regarding posting pix (if you find another, let me know and I will add it to that list). If you are still not able to resolve the picture posting, feel free to PM me with the issues you are having and I will be happy to help!!!! Very much looking forward to pix of your SC-J's!!!!!

That was a good link, Wily. Thanks. But, as the video says, it is a really complex route to have to take to get your pictures into a host that the PRS site will recognize. lI will have to work on it. I may not succeed. :(

Back