PRS SC-J Recommendation - Thanks!

W. Scott Mohn

I want to thank the people who called the existence and quality of the PRS SC-J to my attention some months ago.
I found one, traded a brand new 24-08 for it, and I could not be happier. I moved a month and a half ago and I am just getting the chance to play it every day. It is an amazing archtop, hollow-body. I have gotten the strings where I want them. I only use the Bigsby sparingly, but it is a great feature.
When I bought It I knew it was a model that was getting hard to find, but I did not know that only 300 were made and 100 of those were shipped to overseas dealers. I am 80, and my kids will be glad to know they will one day have a PRS that is bound to appreciate.
Most seem to be black of white in color. This one is in mint condition and is a light, almost yellow, in color, almost like the beautiful gold Bigsby, and the grain in very apparent.
I love it and it will probably be the last guitar I every buy. So I owe the friendly people on this forum and very heartfelt THANK YOU.
Regards, Scott

Glad it lights up your life. They are exquisite. This was mine ...

FvzCpw7.jpg

=K

Glad it lights up your life. They are exquisite. This was mine ...

FvzCpw7.jpg

=K
Thanks for all the comments. Kiwi mine is like this one only a more yellow, almost the gold color of the Bigsby. I did not think I would like the Bigsby but I do. And the guitar has a great classic hollow-body sound plugged in. It is just a pleasure to play. Regards, Scott

Thanks for all the comments. Kiwi mine is like this one only a more yellow, almost the gold color of the Bigsby. I did not think I would like the Bigsby but I do. And the guitar has a great classic hollow-body sound plugged in. It is just a pleasure to play. Regards, Scott

Since my last comment, I have lowered the strings on my SC-J a bit. It sounds better all the time. It is near mint and I was going to keep it as an investment but I like it so much it has become my primary guitar. It is heavy but the mellow sound more than makes up for that.

Too bad there are just no jobs to be had due to the virus. :(

Regards to all, Scott

Back