PRS SAS wiring

TLOPband

Pardon me if this has already been covered, but I have a Swamp Ash Special HSH with a 5 way blade switch and a push pull pot to split the humbuckers. I was wanting to put another push pull pot in the volume position so I can engage the two humbuckers at the same time without drilling a hole for a dpdt switch. Anyone know of any diagrams for this?

It’s possible but I’d caution against it. Have done this before and realized P/P pots don’t have a very smooth feel which can interfere with volume knob techniques like swells. Another option might be to re-purpose position 3 for N/M/B or N/B.

It’s possible but I’d caution against it. Have done this before and realized P/P pots don’t have a very smooth feel which can interfere with volume knob techniques like swells. Another option might be to re-purpose position 3 for N/M/B or N/B.
Do you happen to know of a schematic for that anywhere online? I've rewired lots of three way toggles but haven't messed around with blade switches before. I do have an Epiphone Nighthawk that I had a shop put a two way toggle in to engage the N/M/B and N/B (if the coil split was engaged) but have no idea how they did it

It's a 3 way push pull replaced with a 6 way but check out mine. The push pull to engage the middle is absolutely the way to go for sonic versatility. Or the push pull to engage whatever.

If it's a 5-way you could do a push pull to turn on the bridge pickup like a "7-way" strat.
It's a five way and the tone pot splits the beck and bridge, but I was wanting to have the neck and bridge active as an option also

It's a five way and the tone pot splits the beck and bridge, but I was wanting to have the neck and bridge active as an option also

Right. You get another pot that activates the bridge so on the neck position on the switch, you can have neck only or neck and bridge. It also allows for all 3 too.

I did it on my strat and SAS with narrowfields.

I answered the wiring question in another thread.

As far as the push/pull pot goes. I 100% recommend the full size CTS push/pull pots. I normally wouldn't use a push/pull on the volume, but I tried it out with an S2 so I could get individual splits and it worked great. Nice taper, smooth enough feel, and still felt solid with the knob pulled up.

Back