PRS Santana 2016 BG NGD

Emmanuel

Hello everyone,
I am pleased to present you my newly acquired Santana 2016 in black gold with exposed binding.
It plays like a dream and it is just a top notch guitar with a great feel and tone!
Other than that, I have nothing to say really.

And here are few pictures with my other Santana (2015) which has also the same finish.
(Obviously I like two basic elements from PRS: 1. Santana shape, 2. Black Gold finish :))

Enjoy!

IMG_4228.jpg
IMG_4221.jpg
IMG_4222.jpg
IMG_4223.jpg
IMG_4227.jpg
IMG_4228.jpg

Last edited:
Apart from I don't like those knobs n switch layout, I highly appreciate the Black Gold addiction. I admire BG, too. Therefore: All thumbs up! Enjoy YOUR new guitar.

gorgeous, but don't quite get having 2 exactly the same

gorgeous, but don't quite get having 2 exactly the same
Thanks! as for the duplication, the easy answer is: gorgeous x2 :D

To be fair, one of them takes the ''soft beating'' (traveling, practicing etc.) the other can be an investment in the long term. Besides the black gold with exposed binding is not seen that often thus I was intrigued.
And I have to say, I am pleased that I was intrigued cause this combo is that gorgeous!

Yep, BG with the scraped binding is super rare as it's harder to do, but it looks hot and BG by any description IMO is one of the all-time great PRS colours.

The figure on the mahogany of the 2016 version is super sweet too!!! That's always a bit of a lucky dip with Core models.

Congrats!!!

Yep, BG with the scraped binding is super rare as it's harder to do, but it looks hot and BG by any description IMO is one of the all-time great PRS colours.

The figure on the mahogany of the 2016 version is super sweet too!!! That's always a bit of a lucky dip with Core models.

Congrats!!!
+1!
Yes, the mahogany back was a great surprise as well. Never had before something like it (light figured flame on the back). Notice that is also darker than the 2015 version.

Great guitars, the Santana model is pretty rare in the U.K. - you may find one at a dealer if your're lucky. Guess they're not that popular compared to the customs and 594 (which is selling crazy well here).

What sort of music do you play on them?

Double your pleasure, double your fun! Very nice. I like it with and without the binding, hard to choose which I like better.

Great guitars, the Santana model is pretty rare in the U.K. - you may find one at a dealer if your're lucky. Guess they're not that popular compared to the customs and 594 (which is selling crazy well here).

What sort of music do you play on them?

Thanks!
I play only Santana music of course!
No, I am just kidding :) Blues, rock, chill out plus progressive metal/rock (e.g Opeth, Storm Corrosion) are stuff that I play.
Few Santana songs are included too. No doubt about it ;).

I wouldn't kick those twins outta bed! Who doesn't love twins?! o_O

Congrats!

Wow I love the scraped BG. I have a BG CU22, always regretted it not having the visible binding effect. I've occasionally thought of sending it to the factory for a custom scrape but that would not be cheap...

Back