PRS S2 Vela Bridge experience

huseyin isbilir

Deviant
I intend to by a Vela without trying (internet), could anyone share experience in regards of Vela's bridge playing comfort? I mean if you lower the action do the lowering bolts pop out of the saddles and then start stinging your hand when you place your hand over the bridge? It seems from the pictures like it might be uncomfortable. I would appreciate any experience shared. Thanks

I can't say i've experienced any discomfort playing my vela. i'm holding mine right now and looking at the bolts on the saddles...action is currently low, and i'm sure it could go lower but it looks like they made the bolts the correct height so that they don't protrude out the top as you lower the action.

Have no concerns...it is the most comfortable Tele-esque bridge out there. Not only is it brilliant in design and function, but it’s very comfortable with no sharp edges or points to gouge your hand. And, it’s not a stamped ashtray POS like we’ve all grown accustomed to. It’s all thick plate aluminum and brass. At least with mine, I’ve not needed to adjust the action to the point of exposing the screw heads drastically, so zero palm- slicing.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the info guys.. then I guess I will order my Vela tomorrow :). The S2 Satin line is really invaluable. I have core series too but somewhat S2 satins vibrate better and are also much lighter in weight. Maybe because of absence of maple top.

Enjoy your purchase.. I totally agree with all of the comments above, the bridge on my Vela is ultra comfortable.. When I’m working the tight end of the strings near the bridge I can anchor my hand over the bridge with ease... I also have a black satin nitro finish.. wonderful sounds ...let us know how you get on

Thank you very much for the info guys.. then I guess I will order my Vela tomorrow :). The S2 Satin line is really invaluable. I have core series too but somewhat S2 satins vibrate better and are also much lighter in weight. Maybe because of absence of maple top.
Aw yeah!

I love the Vela bridge! From what I can tell on mine, it looks like the screws aren't long enough to protrude.
Yeah, this is my reservation about 'vintage' style bridges like on the Vela and Silver Sky - will the height screws gash my hand when I palm mute? I'm totally used to the PRS trems and wraparound which are silky smooth.

Back