PRS S2 Studio?

Well, I did it. Sort of:

Should be here next week. Apparently they got 2 of them straight from PRS. They they were a mini run for Europe, or a wood library run? Or something.

I got the last one. I dig the all black pick guard. I couldn’t justify a used one @ $1,100 with a new one available at a (sort of) decent price.

I’ll do a proper NGD thread when it gets here.

Score!!!

Very reasonable to go for the new one with used prices being what they are. The black on black is fantastic.

They were a limited run, although not that limited… just much harder to find used now, probably because the majority of those who have them don’t want to let them go. I think they also did a smaller second batch in satin finish for UK only (would love to have one of those). Personally, I think PRS should’ve made them a permanent offering in the S2 line, because they’re quite unique to the other S2’s, and get a lot of love from their owners.

Anyways, make sure to update us when she arrives!

Score!!!

Very reasonable to go for the new one with used prices being what they are. The black on black is fantastic.

They were a limited run, although not that limited… just much harder to find used now, probably because the majority of those who have them don’t want to let them go. I think they also did a smaller second batch in satin finish for UK only (would love to have one of those). Personally, I think PRS should’ve made them a permanent offering in the S2 line, because they’re quite unique to the other S2’s, and get a lot of love from their owners.

Anyways, make sure to update us when she arrives!
Thanks, will do. I’m super excited. I asked GS about the new status and black pick guard. Brian said they got a couple direct from their PRS rep, that weren’t part of the original run, but same specs. He thought they may have been for overseas and got left behind due to Covid/customs/exchange rate issues, or were a wood library run for someone. I’m looking forward to seeing if playability is an improvement over my SE Custom 22, at least as far as this newbie can tell. I know I’ll like the tones a more. The SE is good, a bit to “humbuckery” even when split. “But that’s because it has 2 humbuckers.” “Exactly…”

Well, I did it. Sort of:

Should be here next week. Apparently they got 2 of them straight from PRS. They they were a mini run for Europe, or a wood library run? Or something.

I got the last one. I dig the all black pick guard. I couldn’t justify a used one @ $1,100 with a new one available at a (sort of) decent price.

Sweet score! Congrats!

Yes prices can be silly these days. I laugh when CL people are trying for the same price or more as reverb or dealer. CL used to be the cash talks place, good for seller and buyer.

Well, I did it. Sort of:

Nicely done sir.

Be prepared to be impressed. The S2 Studio is a killer guitar.
I haven’t heard anyone speak poorly of them, and there aren’t many for sale. Heck 3 or 4 folks in this thread are singing their praises. I feel lucky that I stumbled on this one from GS. It just dropped in my reverb feed. I remembered that GS doesn’t collect taxes for sales outside Texas if you buy direct from their site, so that’s what I did. I’m all giddy…

I was in my local guitar store yesterday and hanging on the wall was a used (looked to be in good condition - I did not examine closely) antique white 2018 S2 Studio. If anyone is interested, please send me a PM and I will provide more details.

Back