PRS S2 Studio ... no more in 2019

What kind of guitar has pups that load from the back?

Sorry, wasn't clear about that, it's the electronics that are back-mounted/wired. Pickups dropped in on top and then wiring all done on the rear, rather than loading the pickguard first and then just having to drop that on and wire it all up to the controls/jack.

Sorry, wasn't clear about that, it's the electronics that are back-mounted/wired. Pickups dropped in on top and then wiring all done on the rear, rather than loading the pickguard first and then just having to drop that on and wire it all up to the controls/jack.
Yes that was also what I was curious about, no trap for electronic as for exemple in my SE Custom 22 semi-hollow.
May be I would have prefered but for sure many guitars have pots and electronic accessed from the front side, just as Fenders.

Let us know how you like it when you get it. Mine does blues and r and b like there’s no tomorrow.

It arrived and it is a great guitar,
The sound is very specific with these pickups. The bridge humbucker sounds very great, compared with the 85/15S of an SE custom 22 SH, it sounds less sharp, more dense, thick.
Certainly less output but more clear and better precision.
The 2 single coils are very very good and I can't compared them with anything I know.
The guitar is very pleasant to play with this slim body.
I have not pushed my amp to measure how the sound evolves with more power. later.

Opening the package delivered by UPS, I was a little disappointed : the double carton packing was without any mark, clearly no shock during the transport,
and the PRS bag was also totally clean, but when I opened , the 5 position switch was creased, twisted ( I repaired it pressing slowly while maintaining its base ).
And inspecting the guitar in details, I discovered very little scratches on the neck, more exactly on lateral part of the fretboard.
In the middle of the neck, just as if something had hold the guitar, letting this very small marks.
Nothing visible without a detailed inspection, but it is here.
Because the packaging was in good conditions, especially the PRS one containing the bag, my felling is that this could only has happened on the PRS side.
I never experienced such small bad surprise with my previous SEs.

But because all these were just details, I kept the guitar.

Now I have to adapt my playing and discover this fantastic new guitar: days, weeks, months ... years ;)

Last edited:
Back