PRS S2 Studio ... no more in 2019

CSurieux

Hello,

I just realize that the S2 Studio that was first on my interest list is no more in the 2019 official S2 models page ?
Any information on this ?

Thanks

Also gone Vela and Starla.
May be a matter of delay to update the web site ?

Well, I am in France ...
There are still some of them in UK ... but they are brexiting :(

I have a Mira ordered, supposed to ship around May, so they must still be making them too.

The S2 Studio had a dealer order window of Jan. 16 through March 31, 2018 so it was intended as a limited run from the beginning. In the US, there are quite a few at PRS dealers, but the situation may be different in Europe. I have a S2 Studio in tobacco sunburst and I love it. Grab one if you can before they become harder to find.

The S2 Studio had a dealer order window of Jan. 16 through March 31, 2018 so it was intended as a limited run from the beginning. In the US, there are quite a few at PRS dealers, but the situation may be different in Europe. I have a S2 Studio in tobacco sunburst and I love it. Grab one if you can before they become harder to find.
Thank you for information and advice. Will try to follow it because this model seems very 'original'.
Meanwhile I have a small technical question : do you know why there is only one access trap on the back ? No one under the pickups ? Does the access to pickups is done only by front ?

Thank you for information and advice. Will try to follow it because this model seems very 'original'.
Meanwhile I have a small technical question : do you know why there is only one access trap on the back ? No one under the pickups ? Does the access to pickups is done only by front ?

The pickups are mounted on the pickguard which is then mounted on the top, like a Fender guitar. Pretty normal for any guitar with a direct-mounted pickguard. Back-loading pickups adds expense to the guitar.

Hmmmm, can’t find any info on such a Strat. I can’t wrap my head around how the pups could possibly go in from the back of the guitar. Would have to be a hard tail I presume? Even then, ..... ? o_O

The only reference to “rear loaded” pups was in a thread about a Fender 2004 AD-QMT, but they were not mounted from the rear of the guitar, they were mounted directly to the body, from the front.

edit: OK, found a picture of a Gibson “Push Tone”, with pups loaded from the rear, very weird. :confused:

Last edited:
Back