PRS S2 Singlecut help

MayPRS

Hi guys,

A store nearby is selling a NOS S2 Singlecut in McCarty Tobacco Sunburst. The serial number starts with "14 S2".

The truss rod cover has "Singlecut" written but shouldn't be "SC 250"?

The guitar plays amazing but just wanna make sure everything is correct. Is there any difference between them?

Sorry but I'm just starting on the PRS world...

Many thanks in advance!

If you like the look and feel, I wouldn’t be concerned about what is written on the truss rod cover. I don’t think there are different scales for S2 singlecuts so there is no reason to specify the scale.

Buy the old stock and enjoy it for years to come.

The Sc250 was a core model some years back. I think the Singlecut would be correct.

They may have very simply used up some TRC’s they had around the factory. No reason to doubt based on that.

Thank you. What about the guitar itself? Opinions will be much appreciated. :)

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Discussing pricing on the forums goes against the forum rules.

At that price though, I would have bought it already.

Got it!!!!

Only took it home last night and today is work day so I couldn't test it thru amp. Only fiddle a bit unplugged.

First impressions: the Pattern neck shape is a handful eh eh eh but at the same time very comfortable. Fit & finish are impeccable! The finish is really smooth, smoothest I've ever seen and the fretwork is amazing. Everything felt "premium". I'm used to Red Special's and the neck is also on the fat side so no problems here. Comparing to RS's and Strats a bit on the heavy side but gives the sensation of being solid. Tuners and knobs are smoooooooooooth. The fretboard is dark with no visible "streaks" so they must had choose a nice piece of rosewood for this.

One particular thing I like about the guitar is that is nothing like any other guitar I've played: Strat's, LP's, RS's so it's a challenge I like :)

Curiosity: the assembly date (month/day) is my wife's birthday (what are the odds???) and the year is the year my daughter was born :)

Quality is really top notch on the guitar. NGD with pics soon! (tomorrow I think I can manage) :)

Last edited:
My S2 Singlecut has 'Singlecut' written on the truss rod cover. My main gigging guitar - I have BK Rebel Yells in mine.

Right on, OP. Those S2 singlecuts are fantastic. Apart from the belly cut, there’s some PRS magic voodoo going on the upper bout of their singlecuts that make them extremely comfortable. Before I got mine, I though the shape of the upper bout where the pickup switch is was a cosmetic decision to differentiate a little bit from a Gibson Les Paul. However, I believe there is an ergonomic reason for the slightly differentiated shape of the upper bout.

Back