PRS S2 Singecut

imjoni

Does anyone own or have played this guitar? What do you think of it? Would it be better to go for the SE 245 w/ upgraded pickups? How does this compare to the SE 245 overall and to the core singlecut line?

Thanks

I really liked the S2 I played. I think it's a better guitar and worth the cost. I also personally like the longer scale and neck of the S2.

Have you seen the S2 SC Semi-hollow? Hubba Hubba.

I own one antique white. I really like it. Had an SE245 in the family. I prefer the 25" scale. I like the ability to tap coils and the locking tuners. Also the bridge does not sit a mile off the body like most SE models do. The pick ups are fine but I am seriously thinking of installing the new \m/ pick ups in it. I just like the clarity of ceramic pups especially in neck pup. Does the guitar need a pup change. no just what I was considering being this does not cost near as much as a core model.

I own one antique white. I really like it. Had an SE245 in the family. I prefer the 25" scale. I like the ability to tap coils and the locking tuners. Also the bridge does not sit a mile off the body like most SE models do. The pick ups are fine but I am seriously thinking of installing the new \m/ pick ups in it. I just like the clarity of ceramic pups especially in neck pup. Does the guitar need a pup change. no just what I was considering being this does not cost near as much as a core model.

Glad to year you're liking it! I may pull the trigger and get one. Unfortunately no stores in the area carry an S2 and the closest model I could get my hands on is the Se 245. I'm hesitant because I'm buying blind and just wanted a some input beforehand.

I went through Sweetwater and they do have a refund policy if you don`t like it. Ya hard to find many stores with them. Even the shop I go to carries a ton of core models but do not plan on carrying new S2 models as of now. I love the feel on the S2 singlecut. I can swear the neck feels a bit beefier more like the Se245 than my P22 which has the same profile according to specs. I think the guitar has a more acoustic ring and sustain to it also than the SE. Just as good as my P22 if not better. Actually liking playing my S2 more than the P22 lately.

I went through Sweetwater and they do have a refund policy if you don`t like it. Ya hard to find many stores with them. Even the shop I go to carries a ton of core models but do not plan on carrying new S2 models as of now. I love the feel on the S2 singlecut. I can swear the neck feels a bit beefier more like the Se245 than my P22 which has the same profile according to specs. I think the guitar has a more acoustic ring and sustain to it also than the SE. Just as good as my P22 if not better. Actually liking playing my S2 more than the P22 lately.

I haven't messed around with pickups on a guitar much, but do you think it'd be hard to swap to 59/09 pickups?

I might go with black white, or dark cherry. I don't think any of the burst finishes are that great.

I haven't messed around with pickups on a guitar much, but do you think it'd be hard to swap to 59/09 pickups?

I might go with black white, or dark cherry. I don't think any of the burst finishes are that great.

I got the antique white. Love it! the 59/09s will work but you may want a tech at a shop install them and solder them in. I am thinking of putting the PRS \m/ pick ups in mine eventually.

ok here goes..just bought a prs s2 single cut.dark cherry sunburst..the built on this guitar was spot on.has the best flame i have seen on one of these..this is a major up grade over a se 245 ..and the marsden that i own..i bought a s2 custom 24 a while back.wasn/t my type of guitar.sold it..i was a little unsure about buying another s2..glad i did love it..two thumbs up prs.this one a keeper..

ok here goes..just bought a prs s2 single cut.dark cherry sunburst..the built on this guitar was spot on.has the best flame i have seen on one of these..this is a major up grade over a se 245 ..and the marsden that i own..i bought a s2 custom 24 a while back.wasn/t my type of guitar.sold it..i was a little unsure about buying another s2..glad i did love it..two thumbs up prs.this one a keeper..
Sounds like you're a singlecut kind of person! Post some pics!

Back