PRS S2 Series - USA Built!!! For $1179!!!

That is just beautiful, congrats! I have been really trying to avoid looking at the S2 singlecut HB's. Would make a nice compliment to the Mira!

Gotta say I'm a little disappointed. Just heard from Sweetwater this morning that PRS isn't going to be releasing the S2 Mira in that antique white color for quite a while :(

Gotta say I'm a little disappointed. Just heard from Sweetwater this morning that PRS isn't going to be releasing the S2 Mira in that antique white color for quite a while :(

PRS is kinda stingy with their white guitars. I don't like.

MF site says they have them in stock. I like the white too, a lot. Can't decide though which model, and no, it can't be all of them :)

Well, it's been over a year since the announcement of this line of guitars, which means Arizona might finally get one. This seems to be pretty consistent, a model is announced, they start to ship and then about a year later one or two trickle down to the desert. Much like water, PRSi are finite here. The GC Platinum dealer in PHX finally got in a S2 CU24. If I can conjure up a free hour I'll go check it out.

I am so used to walking into <insert major musical retail chain here> and NOT seeing PRSes now that I was floored when I walked into Sam Ash last week and they had MULTIPLE SEs and S2s. A new ZM, an SE 7-string, a Tremonti SE quilt, S2 SC, S2 CU22, S2 CU24...I almost lost my footing. No new Core, and no S2 semis yet, but still! I was duly un-cantankerous.

I didn't see any at my local Sam Ash. Plenty of expensive and really cheap G-guitars though.

Long thread, but I have a couple of questions, not sure I found in here in this thread or not (I really should be working...)

1. Are the HFS/Vintage Bass pickups the same pickups in each of the S2 Singlecut/Custom 22 and Custom 24? Or do they each vary a bit? My guess is they are the same. Read the S2 Story, it seems they are the same.

2. Are the bodies in the S2 line the same thickness as the Core models? I know they have asymmetrical beveled tops, not sure if this construction is the same as it is with the Core models. No binding, I can deal with that. I know the figured maple tops are not as ornate, which is fine too. I kind of like the Antique White color, so no bling in any event.

3. Can the black pickup rings be swapped with a cream color? I might like that more. Edit, found it. http://www.prsaccessories.com/collections/parts/products/pickup-ring-set

4. Also, why are the pickups on the Custom 24 uncovered, and the Custom 22 covered? I bet it goes back to the Core models, just not sure why that is.

I think that's it, for now :)

Last edited:
Long thread, but I have a couple of questions, not sure I found in here in this thread or not (I really should be working...)

1. Are the HFS/Vintage Bass pickups the same pickups in each of the S2 Singlecut/Custom 22 and Custom 24? Or do they each vary a bit? My guess is they are the same. Read the S2 Story, it seems they are the same.

2. Are the bodies in the S2 line the same thickness as the Core models? I know they have asymmetrical beveled tops, not sure if this construction is the same as it is with the Core models. No binding, I can deal with that. I know the figured maple tops are not as ornate, which is fine too. I kind of like the Antique White color, so no bling in any event.

3. Can the black pickup rings be swapped with a cream color? I might like that more. Edit, found it. http://www.prsaccessories.com/collections/parts/products/pickup-ring-set

4. Also, why are the pickups on the Custom 24 uncovered, and the Custom 22 covered? I bet it goes back to the Core models, just not sure why that is.

I find the body on my s2 very comfortable. Nice bevel compared to my core cu24 . Pickups are two different kinds,that's what I'm guessing. I swapped mine out because I wanted to try emgs out and that's the only reason why I swapped them out.

7247bb6192f5760397be2f61265bb269.jpg

Nice, I do like the color too. The HFS bridge seems like a pretty hot pickup, which I'm actually fine with. I have a couple of PAFs in my other guitars, I want something different this time. I've had 3 SE models before, never really thought the pickups were very good. Average maybe. Hopefully the S2 are a step up. Love the coil tap feature, I use it all the time in my Epi Tribute. And the S2 models use the new nut on the Core models, which is great, and a downfall on the SE models. Cheap fix it would seem, they should just use it on all models. My SE245 would never stay in tune, and I did a lot to try and fix it.

The S2 Custom 24 has HFS/VB pickups which are uncovered. The S2 Singlecut and S2 Custom 22 have #7 pickups which are covered.

The S2 Custom 24 has HFS/VB pickups which are uncovered. The S2 Singlecut and S2 Custom 22 have #7 pickups which are covered.

Ah, thanks. Not sure how I missed that, lol. So the #7 from what I see online are a little more of a PAF plus type of pickup, a little more traditional, with the HFS/VB more of a hotter/modern type of pickup. That does make sense.

I found this helpful link too: http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/pickups.html

Back