PRS S2 Series - USA Built!!! For $1179!!!

I DO NOT need anymore PRSi, but this blows me away. I may have to try one...I hope it's just one.:p

Seriously, I don't know how they can produce a set-neck, US- built guitar for that. BIG kudos for making an affordable American guitar.

Last edited:
Oh hell!
That's perfect. I've been looking for a good candidate for a Floyd Rose and the S2 Custom 24 nails it. I'm sold.

S2 custom 24 in Gray Black + Metal pickup would be a badass metal guitar!

cu_gb.jpg

Last edited:
A lot cheaper than the normal USA guitars but a fair bit more than the SE range and I'm unclear exactly how they're different for the extra money.

I'm pretty sure the S2 series will be made w/ African mahogany, just like the other USAs. The SEs use the same Asian mahogany that every other import is made of.

Plus I think the S2 Custom 24 will have a solid flame maple top instead of the flame veneer over plain maple that are on the SEs.

Can't wait to try these out!

Guess I better bring lots of cash to the "Experience"

Last edited:
A lot cheaper than the normal USA guitars but a fair bit more than the SE range and I'm unclear exactly how they're different for the extra money.

The S2s will be built by PRS employees in the same PRS-owned facility as the other Maryland-made guitars and sport the "Paul Reed Smith" signature on their headstocks. SEs are not manufatured by PRS. That difference alone is going to put a huge dent in SE sales.

I DO NOT need anymore PRSi, but this blows me away. I may have to try one...I hope it's just one.:p

Seriously, I don't know how they can produce a set-neck, Maryland-made guitar for that. BIG kudos for making an affordable Maryland-made guitar.

Fixed it for you!

Now this is what I've been talking about and waiting for!! An affordable US-made PRS guitar! I absolutely love the S2 Custom 24 and the S2 Mira.
cu_bc.jpg

mi_mc.jpg

Last edited:

The S2 site is excellent. They do a great job of showing the details and how they're different from the core and SE lines.

Much respect to Paul and the gang for these. I personally had been feeling a bit alienated from the brand because I'm at a stage in my life where I appreciate the Maryland craftsmanship, but spending $2-3k for a guitar is out of the question. I'm pleased to see them giving some attention to the budgetary "middle class".

A 22 fret, 25" scale Mira is a particularly tantalizing offering, but the Starla sounds killer in the demos!

Last I checked, Maryland was part of the US...

However, there's only one PRS plant in the United States, and that plant is located in Maryland. The company makes a point of stating that the guitars are made in Maryland.

"The NEW Maryland-Made S2 Series

Starting at $1,179 – From PRS Guitars"

Back