PRS S2 Mira Pickguard Template?

Josh_guitarreiru

Hi there,
I was wondering if anybody would be so kind to share a pdf pith the PRS S2 Mira Template?
I am considering to order a custom pickguard finished in a mirror or metalic style for my S2 Mira Black and need to send a template so they can cut it. I know I could do it myself but I would have to remove all the the electronics and considering that it is my main guitar it would be a bit of a mess, so I only want to remove the the electronics when the pickguard change is going to be made.

Hi CandidPicker.

Thanks for your suggestions. I am only able to find the 3 official colours. I want to order specifically one with mirror or metalic finish (still have to decide) to an european custom pickguard manufacter (otherwise it would be so expensive) so I would need the contour including the holes in pdf.

Cheers

If that's the case, if it were me, I'd simply locate an old used pick guard, and send that off as the template for your new one. There are likely used ones on Reverb & eBay...or new ones that for a modest cost would serve the same purpose...

The reason for my saying is because while pickup electronics diagrams are usually available on the PRS website for swapping electronic configs, I'd think that a S2 Mira pick guard would be proprietary information that PRS would not likely disclose. However, there may be something floating out there on the web...

EDIT: Josh, I was curious about this and checked eBay's listings. While eBay has the standard colors, they typically don't have metallic or mirrored.

HOWEVER, I did locate an eBay store named iknmusic that sells pick guard blanks and I thought to contact them if they might do custom work, e.g. a metallic or mirrored one. I'll know in a day or 2 if they can perform custom work.

RE-EDIT: Well, no results from iknmusic. While they do sell popular pick guards (mostly a variety of Fender & Gibson), they also sell pick guard blanks, but cannot build custom pick guards. Onto the next step:

There is also an online business based in Ohio (U.S.) named PickGuardian that can custom-build almost any pick guard, although you might need to provide them with an original pickguard or template as you had requested. Templates aren't likely to be located, but original ones are, so that's where you'll likely need to look...

Last edited:
Hi CandidPicker,

Many thanks for helping me with this! Yes I already visited those pages. In fact I visited one that already have the Mira option, but is located in the USA and the shipping price + Customs can get serius. The page is https://www.pickguardplanet.com/pickguards-prs-guitars/
If I don't have any other option probably I would have to consider it, but first wanted to try if I could manage to get a pdf with the contour so I can send it to an european shop.
Cheers

Remove your pickguard, place it on a good contrasting background, photograph it with a scale/ruler next to it. Make sure to photograph with your camera/phone perpendicular to the pickguard, using a tripod. Then they can take that image to scale and cut with.

Or

Buy a piece of 1/8th inch/3mm hardboard/masonite at the hardware store, trace around your pickguard onto that with a sharp pencil or art pen, and either send them that hardboard tracing or send them your original pickguard and you hand cut/file/drill the hardboard as a temporary pickguard you can use while the original is getting matched at the custom factory. Here is a JM I built, the pickguard is cut from masonite and finished in clear poly. I have another guitar I dyed the masonite black. You can paint or put stickers or whatever fun you want to do with it. Even if the cutting and filing is rough it's only temporary to gig/whatever with until you get the final back. The very early Fender Telecasters where sold with masonite and Fender used masonite for prototype work. Danelectric guitars are classically built with masonite tops and backs. Some hardware stores sell small panels of it but even if forced to buy a whole 4ftx8ft sheet those are less than $10.

jm_171928b.jpg

Hi all,

Thanks for your suggestions. I didn't want to dismount the pickguard to trace it on a paper as its a bit of a mess as all electronics are mounted on the pickguard.

Eventually I think I'll order it from pickguard planet eventhough they are on the USA as they have the template and they offer the mirror colour I want. I just wanted to try if anybody would have the pdf trace and would share it.
Thank you very much everybody anyway!

Cheers!

Back