PRS S2 Line

DanLono53

Hi to all!

The PRS S2 line was announced this summer. We've seen written and video reviews on the Web, but they seem to be quite rare. My local music store in Montreal has no S2 and it seems that few on line retailer carry any.

Are there any known delays? Just wondering....

Cheers!

D.

I've seen bunches and bunches at online retailers. If you look on ebay there are a ton of them (new from dealers) on there. But I'm with you, they just aren't any locally (Phoenix AZ) to go check out. I call around every few weeks if I have time but it's always the same - not in stock yet. Though, I haven't called in three weeks or so.

Did indeed see some on e-bay, but am not keen on buying on line without trying the guitar first.

More patience needed I guess...

D.

I think it's sad that such huge cities like Montreal and Phoenix have none to go play. I know it's not necessarily up to PRS.

By the way, I have been to Montreal twice. Love it there. Best bread since Paris. It's one of those great cities where you can pick a street and walk down it and see what's there.

San Antonio actually has seen all 3 models...
i have played the starla and the custom 24.
I didn't care much for the custom 24 but the S2 Starla plays and feels almost identical to the non-S2 Starla. Great tone and feel. I had to do more than a double take to make sure it was an S2

I wonder if PRS will ever offer a Torero model S2. I'm really tempted to buy a SE Torero, but I'm holding off for the time being.

Pleased to read that you enjoyed Montreal. We are lucky to live in a safe city that indeed, has great food!!!

Never been to Phoenix but would love to go to sample some of the golf there :)

Well, I guess we will have to wait. Would love the Custom24 to go with my SE Santana.

Cheers!

D.

Martin Music in Memphis and Sam Ash in Nashville has them or at least last week they did. Bought my custom 24 S2 in Nashville.

GC Boston has 2 S2 Customs right now. Great looking guitars, didn't play them though, not really in the market for another 24 fretter.

Back