PRS S2 Electric Guitar Review By NStuff Music

Wow, great demo. I don't play in Marc's style, but I've come to appreciate the way he does bare bones reviews that really force the guitar to shine.

This place is 5 minutes from where I work just outside Pittsburgh. It is a great store, they always have a dozen or so Maryland made PRS and they have been around 45 years. I remember going there when I was in high school to help my friend get a bass. They always have great demos on YouTube.

They're having someone from PRS in on Sept. 7 to demo the S2 line. I hadn't planned on going back before Experience, but I think I'm going to stop by. They're my primary pusher.

I have not heard a S2 Mira video demo yet that left me thinking that they were anything less than great guitars. Both the one in the 1st post and the Guitar Player one in post 7 left me feeling that way. The Guitar Player one especially so, because the guy isn't the player that the guy in the 1st video is, but the guitar still sounded good.

Couldn't get the guitarpkayer vid to load, maybe it doesn't work on iPhone. The first vid was great though. I'm not a fan of Mark's jazzy style but the guitar sounded really nice. Can't wait to try one for myself.

Perhaps its just me, but the S2 Mira seems to be generating the most buzz and positive comments? Looks to me like its outshining the other 2 models.

I sure can't wait to get the chance to try one (and the Custom)!

Cheers!

Perhaps its just me, but the S2 Mira seems to be generating the most buzz and positive comments? Looks to me like its outshining the other 2 models.

It's not just you, I'm getting the same impression. The Mira really sounds like the star of the S2 line.

The CU24 sounds really compressed. I think that the Mira sounds the best. Hopefully these are better than the Mira X models.

The S2 Custom 24 sounds a lot better in this vid than in others. The single-coil sounds are especially compelling here.

And I absolutely love that he compares the Mira to the SG. I've been making the same mental comparison ever since the S2 line was introduced, and I think he's absolutely right.

The black Mira is beautiful, and I'm not normally a fan of opaque coloured PRS! :top: love it

Back