PRS S2 10th Anniversary McCarty 594 - there's your sleeper !

This video kinda makes me want nothing in it.
Yep. That was my take. Only provided here, to show how the 58/15 LT compared to a competitor... (done by a big PRS Dealer)

Like I said above ... both were too bright for me...

And Cost ??? $350 for the Lambertone, and the PRS wasn't even available for sale at the time it was posted. Later, $500 ...

But like my man Les says in a different post, "I only want to know what happens, when I hit the switch" ...

3 months is pretty fair after announcement of a new edition.
But I too would have preferred if they said spring 2023.
Yeah but the new SE were in stores days after the announcement… if the dealer I ordered from would have just been upfront I wouldn’t be so bent.

I have a significant birthday this year, and I had been looking at the new SE McCarty, but that unpainted cut out on the blue I just couldn't handle.
I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a standard S2 McCarty in Eriza Verde, when I seen these and that they were available in Blue and came with a painted back/cut out, so I'm now trying to be patient until it arrives.

Anyone heard any updates on these? I’m seeing some stores listing them as available next week and some showing end of march.

I am tempted..... though the delivery time for here in the UK/Europe is likely to be ages, so goodness knows when they'll arrive. These (as well as the SE's) are pre-order here at the moment, though Andertons and Peach Guitars both seem to have all the colours. Perhaps I can get one into e for Xmas

The UK dealer I've pre-ordered a Lake Blue McCarty with was upfront and said deliveries were expected to start by the end of February, but delivery to the UK was expected March/April. He has apparently requested to try and get mine as early as possible, as it's actually sold, and not now just a stock pre-order, so I'm hoping for a pre-easter delivery.

I have a significant birthday this year, and I had been looking at the new SE McCarty, but that unpainted cut out on the blue I just couldn't handle.
I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a standard S2 McCarty in Eriza Verde, when I seen these and that they were available in Blue and came with a painted back/cut out, so I'm now trying to be patient until it arrives.

The UK dealer I've pre-ordered a Lake Blue McCarty with was upfront and said deliveries were expected to start by the end of February, but delivery to the UK was expected March/April. He has apparently requested to try and get mine as early as possible, as it's actually sold, and not now just a stock pre-order, so I'm hoping for a pre-easter delivery.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new guitar. Hope it arrives for you soon.

I suspect this model is also PRS’s way to gauge interest in what likely must happen for the S2 line to survive: install core level electronics and pickups to differentiate them from SEs. Make CE’s and S2’s equivalent. And then your cores and higher above them. I can see this being the norm in 1-2 yrs. Otherwise SEs sales will make the s2 run of custom 24s and McCarty nearly obsolete. Not enough unique lines like velas and Thinline 594.

I have my fingers and toes crossed that my McCarty Burst is as yellow as the one shows on the PRS site when you select that color. The less darker tones around the sides, the better for my eyes.

Congrats

Has anyone received their 10th Anny S2 594?

Has anyone received a delivery update on their 10th Anny S2 594?

Has anyone received their 10th Anny S2 594?

Has anyone received a delivery update on their 10th Anny S2 594?
There’s several on reverb and at least a few that have sold there so someone has them.
I had my order placed on release day and got told it wouldn’t be coming until June so I cancelled. :mad:

I suspect this model is also PRS’s way to gauge interest in what likely must happen for the S2 line to survive: install core level electronics and pickups to differentiate them from SEs. Make CE’s and S2’s equivalent. And then your cores and higher above them. I can see this being the norm in 1-2 yrs. Otherwise SEs sales will make the s2 run of custom 24s and McCarty nearly obsolete. Not enough unique lines like velas and Thinline 594.
I think you may be right - the S2 lineup needs better electronics for sure, and 58/15 LT TCI pickups would be the icing on the cake. As for pricing, it makes a lot of sense to see the differentiation among SE, S2/CE and the Core lineup. Looking back at my McCarty Thinline purchase almost two years ago, I would have pulled out the extra bucks for those upgrades.

Back