PRS S2 10th Anniversary McCarty 594 - there's your sleeper !

I like it in theory. I think the inlays should be an s2 standard. That price. Hmmm. Certainly great for those that want the 58/15 LT stock and USA electronics. This is practically CE level in terms of electronics. I guess price point makes a lot of sense. I can’t wait to see these in real life to see if the flame grade is higher than your average s2

Last edited:
I like how you think :>. I looked them up on Sweetwater. Very surprised to see it only comes with a gig bag. My SE HBII P came with a really nice hardshell case. Sweetwater only has the McCarty Burst and the Red one listed. Might want to go blue.... Any idea of ETA on these?

I like how you think :>. I looked them up on Sweetwater. Very surprised to see it only comes with a gig bag. My SE HBII P came with a really nice hardshell case. Sweetwater only has the McCarty Burst and the Red one listed. Might want to go blue.... Any idea of ETA on these?
Not sure. Most of them on Reverb are marked "Pre order".

What color? I would LOVE one of these. Closest I'll get to a core in my lifetime. It's the only S2 that makes any sense to me (USA pickups/electronics). I think the hubster would kill me, though!
McCarty burst. So far I’ve only seen the McB and red listed anywhere but I was told all colors will be available on the anniversary’s

Anyone heard any updates on these? I’m seeing some stores listing them as available next week and some showing end of march.

Guys, (and my gurl, Ms Carol D !) :)

Sorry to spill KoolAid on the rug, but there is no such thing as "USA Electronics" ... Pickups ,OK !

But CTS is too big a joint (and makes more elaborate stuff, than to make any guitar potentiometer in the
US of A ! !

They are all made in Asia (somewhere, albeit to higher specs)

The lack of a hard case , for $2,500 ? Just means the guitar costs $200 more (Gator ABS Case, or Crazy SKB w/ wheels & armor plate for $300 ...

Then there is the chunky neck carve ... :(

See, If I was looking to put "upgraded pickups "in an S2 594, I'd be lookin at SD 59 Neck / 59 Custom Hybrid , or Pearly Gates for about $200 at Sweetwater (maybe less w/ the guitar and a case )

So figure for $2,200 / $2300, you might get all that stuff. I have not asked my Sweetwater guy, because I'd then have to pull the trigger if he got to that number ...

BTW... Dark Cherry Sunburst is the flavor, and make sure it actually has some flame ...

Last edited:
BTW... Dark Cherry Sunburst is the flavor, and make sure it actually has some flame ...
See, when these things were introduced, "The Tone Kings " 'You Tube video did this ... Check the flame on this
S2 ! I swear it slipped past the Core Police, who save all the cool wood for the high-priced spread.., :)

This, plus the adds I contemplate above are the better deal I believe ...

I get that these aren’t for everyone, but for all griping, good to keep in mind that there is a whole market full of people with different preferences. Personally… I would be very down with one of these. I snagged an S2 594 like a week before these were announced, and within a week or two was swapping out the pickups for USA LT’s.

Personally, I’ve never been satisfied with anything but PRS pickups. I almost went with a boutique brand for this one, but they kinda irked me before I even ordered, so here I am again. No regrets, but if an anniversary model had been hanging on the wall, you bet I would’ve been trying it.

I am tempted..... though the delivery time for here in the UK/Europe is likely to be ages, so goodness knows when they'll arrive. These (as well as the SE's) are pre-order here at the moment, though Andertons and Peach Guitars both seem to have all the colours. Perhaps I can get one into e for Xmas

See, when these things were introduced, "The Tone Kings " 'You Tube video did this ... Check the flame on this
S2 ! I swear it slipped past the Core Police, who save all the cool wood for the high-priced spread.., :)

This, plus the adds I contemplate above are the better deal I believe ...
PRS flirted with the idea of 10 tops on S2’s, and there have been a handful of examples produced and sold. Could be one of those.

I get that these aren’t for everyone, but for all griping, good to keep in mind that there is a whole market full of people with different preferences.
Dude... Who's Griping ?

If simply pointing out, that there are probably better, more cost effective ways of getting to the same or better result (using the PRS S2 as a base) is "subversive" ,then I'd have your KoolAid analyzed for controlled substances.

Personally, I’ve never been satisfied with anything but PRS pickups.
I am curious about what you perceive as being so special about PRS pickups ? Or anybody else's for that matter. PRS did not invent the humbucker. That honor goes to Gibson, and dates back to 1957 ?

I find pickups to be either pleasing in a particular application, or not so. The maker ? I find has no real import as to its efficacy . There are killer boutique pickups, and ... a sad truth in the industry ... sneaky Asian knock-offs where some enterprising chap has accurately reverse engineered a famous make. And sells it for a fraction of the cost. Yes, you might have a knock off, but if it sounds and performs as well ? And the $$$ you save, pays for , lets say ... Locking tuners :)

There are just so many good humbucker pickups out there at competitive prices, and durn ... if you did not know what you were listening to, if you could tell them apart. But if you are buying for "cache", and the "its all PRS " ... well that is something I can't identify with.

PS ... Check out the ish Guitars You Tube comparing the 58/15 LT to The Lambertone. I'm not a fan of either. But they are scarily close, and one is considerably less expensive ...

OBTW... Looks like the "Limited Edition" is about $500 more than the garden variety ... So PRS is realizing that $500 they want for the Core pickup anyway ...

Back