PRS Robben Ford model

D-baggery? I think you are taking this a bit too personally. I've always been the voice of reason on this forum. Nothing more. In this very over-sensitive time we live in, folks just cannot handle someone blunt who tells it like it is. I'm not prone to fanboi-ism, which makes me an oddity around these parts. Fine. Calling someone a d-bag because of that? I think that reflects more poorly upon you than me.

I have a curious notion - if you come in like a bull in a china shop, to a forum in which you have - at best - only a tentatively positive position vis-a-vis the forum's main purpose, and the people on it who do the body of work by supporting things here.......

.........and you set yourself up as "the voice of reason" for the aforementioned forum.....

......well, you should expect to get your *rse handed to you in a wheelbarrow every now and then.

Just some words of advice.

This thread was about Robben Ford.
In particular about the Robben Ford model made specifically for him by one Paul Reed Smith.
That Robben Ford who can play any guitar he wishes without reason or apology.
That same Robben Ford who can be seen playing an entire show (perhaps a tour) with that very same instrument.
That instrument sounds badass.
Lots of instruments sound badass.
Get over it.
Get over yourself.
Pick up your favorite instrument and make some killer sounds with it. It will make you feel good.
That's what this forum is about.
Am I talking to you?
You bet I am.

Just let's rock, boys and girls.

Be good.

Maybe it's because classic rock is selling more music than the new stuff right now and if it wasn't for guitar hero people wouldn't know about Herman Li. That's no bust on him because I love his playing, it's just not mainstream. I've been buying PRS's since 89 and I don't care who has their "special model" out, I'm buying the guitar, not the player.

I've just been re-watching the previously posted video of Ford's Finland gig. What a great band, good gahd. And that guitar tone has just some great body, compression and harmonics, especially on the last tune in the video. I wish I could see what amp/rig he's playing through. Super cool, man. I wonder if it's a stealth hollow body. If you go to www.robbenford.com, the landing photo is a great one of him rocking out, on this particular guitar, no less.

As a non regular all I say is - classic @Drew. You are acting like a kid who runs around and bully other kids because they don't like him

No comments on the guitar, but it looks like a McCarty with the PG/08 switching. Looks like he has had a variety of special builds.
What I like so far about this guitar is switch is in the proper position ( for me ) and the wrap bridge is a stop tail I love.
wondering what scale length it has :)
Looks promising sig guitar or not

Oh stop. It's silly talking all tough on an internet forum. No one gets anything handed to them here.
Metaphor not your strong point, clearly...

Just take a step back, breathe, and we'll all get along a lot better: I'm fine, you're fine. Nothing either of us says here matters much in the scheme of things.

Last edited:
I've just been re-watching the previously posted video of Ford's Finland gig. What a great band, good gahd. And that guitar tone has just some great body, compression and harmonics, especially on the last tune in the video. I wish I could see what amp/rig he's playing through. Super cool, man. I wonder if it's a stealth hollow body. If you go to www.robbenford.com, the landing photo is a great one of him rocking out, on this particular guitar, no less.

I enjoyed it: his tone here, regardless of whether or not it sits alongside the very best he's ever achieved, is pretty darned respectable.

Who among you would be ashamed if those tones were coming out of your own rig, and in similar company?

I enjoyed it: his tone here, regardless of whether or not it sits alongside the very best he's ever achieved, is pretty darned respectable.

Who among you would be ashamed if those tones were coming out of your own rig, and in similar company?
Agreed. The ODS #102 [corrected] took a dump and has been retired. Purple House was recorded with all small amps like Pro Reverbs, apparently, but not with what he'd been touring with previously, a boutique builder I don't know much about.

Last edited:
Agreed. The ODS #002 took a dump and has been retired. Purple House was recorded with all small amps like Pro Reverbs, apparently, but not with what he'd been touring with previously, a boutique builder I don't know much about.

The ODS most people associate with him is #102 and it's quite well-documented.

The boutique builder is Phil Bradbury of Little Walter tube amps. They had/have an underground following here in Nashville. I've played a few. Good sounding amps.

The ODS most people associate with him is #102 and it's quite well-documented.

The boutique builder is Phil Bradbury of Little Walter tube amps. They had/have an underground following here in Nashville. I've played a few. Good sounding amps.
Thanks for the correction, I took that number from an article and wondered how many Dumbles he'd had over the years! #102 is famously his, you're right. I've always wanted to visit Nashville. Music everywhere, it seems.

Well, he is Robben Ford.

I often play without reason, but I usually have to apologise afterwards :(

I prefer to apologize in advance... it's easier, and lets face it, a lot of the crowd aren't going to be around to hear it by the time I'm finished... :oops:

Thanks for the correction, I took that number from an article and wondered how many Dumbles he'd had over the years! #102 is famously his, you're right. I've always wanted to visit Nashville. Music everywhere, it seems.

Supposedly 2

102 was first and then he commissioned a second but even HAD couldn't replicate the first exactly so it sold. Not sure off the top of my head what the serial is on that one.

Nashville is... Interesting.

Back