PRS Robben Ford model

It looks cool but most folks my age (mid 40s) don't even know who Robben Ford is.

It was great that Paul got John Mayer but he really needs to nab another prime sub-AARP level guitar god for a model. I'm sure all of you boomers are loving this but the guy is darn near 70 and does not have mass appeal anymore.

I'm really hoping that Paul expands upon Fiore to do a 24 fret HH super strat and nabs one of the younger shredders for a model. I thought it was going to be Herman Li. Maybe it still will be.

It looks cool but most folks my age (mid 40s) don't even know who Robben Ford is.

It was great that Paul got John Mayer but he really needs to nab another prime sub-AARP level guitar god for a model. I'm sure all of you boomers are loving this but the guy is darn near 70 and does not have mass appeal anymore.

I'm really hoping that Paul expands upon Fiore to do a 24 fret HH super strat and nabs one of the younger shredders for a model. I thought it was going to be Herman Li. Maybe it still will be.

Can't speak fir most but at age 41 I exactly know who Robben Ford is and I knew since my early teens. I even remember his signature model with Fender

haha I’m 29 and I’ve been getting into the Dumble/ RF world. I’m a tremonti-esque type of player but the soulful blues man.. I guess it’s all taste dependent.. RF is 70 and brilliant!

haha I’m 29 and I’ve been getting into the Dumble/ RF world. I’m a tremonti-esque type of player but the soulful blues man.. I guess it’s all taste dependent.. RF is 70 and brilliant!

I'm 27 and have been living in that world for 2+ years.

I heard about the model a few weeks ago on a podcast he did back in April called guitar wank. Sounds like there's some interesting stuff brewing with this guitar.

Maybe Paul didn't do it for the money. Maybe he just wanted to make a guitar for a guy who appreciates a well made guitar?

I remember seeing Robben in Annapolis at the Rams Head and Paul was chasing him around with a goldtop McCarty trem to try out. He didn't use it on stage that night, but looks like times they are a'changin'!

how long ago was this?
wondering because in my recent research into the DGT i found a video of DG talking about how PRS had put a gold top something in Robbens hands but he sent it back-DG even showed a picture of it. DG took that model and went from there and over about a 20 yr period if my memory is right, the now DGT model evolved.

:rolleyes:

Back