PRS road trip

Silvertree

I love the smell of a PRS case in the morning.
I have been thinking about taking a road trip to a few different dealers now that I am in Michigan. I was thinking about hitting Sweetwater, Moore’s, and Willcutt before turning around. Is there somewhere else I should hit along the way?

That’s a big circle but a good roster. Then head west to St. Louis and then up to Dave’s. JFB and Veinbuster could offer route suggestions since they’re the road trip kings. Though I once drove 4 hours one way to see a reggae show in Chicago in the sleet and snow. How long was that trip for you, Pete?

I went to Willcutt today with a friend. He bought a Special 22. They don't tell you ALL of the core models are in a warehouse ready to ship and, while Eric is helpful, doesn't necessarily come across as entirely willing to pull guitars. He did say people complain about fingerprints on guitars they ship and that's understandable.

Just something to be aware of before travelling.

I have been thinking about taking a road trip to a few different dealers now that I am in Michigan. Is there somewhere else I should hit along the way?

The Heritage Guitar factory (the original Gibson factory) in Kalamazoo Michigan.

I went to Willcutt today with a friend. He bought a Special 22. They don't tell you ALL of the core models are in a warehouse ready to ship and, while Eric is helpful, doesn't necessarily come across as entirely willing to pull guitars. He did say people complain about fingerprints on guitars they ship and that's understandable.

I like that all of the top tier PRS dealers kinda have their own aesthetic/thing/flair to their special runs. Willcutt’s has consistently impressed me and been most inline with what I dig throughout the years.

I’d love to visit there, and yet be afraid at the same time, ya know?

I like that all of the top tier PRS dealers kinda have their own aesthetic/thing/flair to their special runs. Willcutt’s has consistently impressed me and been most inline with what I dig throughout the years.

I’d love to visit there, and yet be afraid at the same time, ya know?

His is a wood library too. And in faded blue jean unfortunately.

I have been thinking about taking a road trip to a few different dealers now that I am in Michigan. I was thinking about hitting Sweetwater, Moore’s, and Willcutt before turning around. Is there somewhere else I should hit along the way?
Consider adding Eddie’s in St Louis. Good guys and a ton of great stuff. It’s not far from Moore’s.

That’s a big circle but a good roster. Then head west to St. Louis and then up to Dave’s. JFB and Veinbuster could offer route suggestions since they’re the road trip kings. Though I once drove 4 hours one way to see a reggae show in Chicago in the sleet and snow. How long was that trip for you, Pete?
About 20 hours driving time...but I owed Tony a beer.

Willcutt was pretty good about pulling guitars when I told them in advance what I wanted to try. They had half a dozen guitars waiting in a room for me - I had never done any business with them.

They had half a dozen guitars waiting in a room for me - I had never done any business with them.

There was a surprising difference in the listed price and the price my friend paid. I wonder if it's because we went and bought it in person and shipped it back to Nashville and avoided the sales tax.

Motor City Guitar is a store in the north suburbs of Detroit that has a huge inventory of guitars, pedals, and amps, lots of it boutique. It reminds me of the music stores I went to in the ‘60s; not fancy looking (in fact, it’s kinda funky, but there’s nice stuff).

There was a surprising difference in the listed price and the price my friend paid. I wonder if it's because we went and bought it in person and shipped it back to Nashville and avoided the sales tax.
Saving sales tax helps. A number of the dealers can do better in person than the minimum listing price.

Back