PRS PS Fanned fret.... why?

or these? The microtonal guitar.

mJlfR9D.jpg

hWmWWa3.jpg

That's too bad for Oakland/Alameda. That whole city should go under. I saw some sensational shows there years ago. Probably saw Charlie Hunter about 7 times there during his customary winter visits.

EDIT: LOOKS LIKE IT STILL LIVES AFTER ALL!
https://www.yoshis.com/calendar/

I thought I erased that other bit. I've known, studied and recorded with Hershel Yatovitz for about 30 years. He plays lead for Chris Izaak. When Izaak needed a new gunslinger, it was said that Hunter set up the meeting, and H-man got the nod. He's been there ever since, probably 25 years and counting.

Last edited:
CHARLIE HUNTER IS A GOD ON THE FANNED BASS/GUITAR.
Charlie Hunter is a God. Period. Full Stop. He and Scofield are all the jazz guitar I need since George Benson went Pop 40+ years ago. Seriously, those guys both play like nobody else on earth and can take it in any direction they want. But after seeing that photo of Charlie with that much more radically fanned guitar, I see why I'm playing a Scofield model...

I'd have to be about 20 times the player I am before I'd feel any compunction to try something like this. I'm really happy having both 25.5 and 24.7 scale guitars. I can go back and forth and not need any time to adapt, but I can still feel and hear the difference in them. But, hey, my wife's family is all from Rochester and her sister is in Syracuse, so it would be cool to stop in sometime when we're up there and check one of those out.

-Ray

Last edited:
Back