PRS Private Stock Search

Sabio629

da98717ea6c7515d0968aa1f4027260d.jpg
hey guys I'm new to this forum and needed some help. I'm a huge John Mayer fan and just saw a video of his new custom Super Eagle PRS guitar which looks and sounds incredible! I looked up some other PRS models on Pinterest and found a sweet PS that I wanted but I don't know if it's a limited edition or not. All I know is it's semi-hollow PS 22. Help a brotha out with spec details

That's a one off Private Stock guitar. Its made from Maccassar Ebony. I don't know any other details really besides that. I saw it in a video where Mark Tremonti toured the factory and he seemed to love it. It makes it first appearence at 5:26 in and then he plays it at 7:11 and again at 9:08.

da98717ea6c7515d0968aa1f4027260d.jpg
hey guys I'm new to this forum and needed some help. I'm a huge John Mayer fan and just saw a video of his new custom Super Eagle PRS guitar which looks and sounds incredible! I looked up some other PRS models on Pinterest and found a sweet PS that I wanted but I don't know if it's a limited edition or not. All I know is it's semi-hollow PS 22. Help a brotha out with spec details
Almost all PS guitars are essentially one-offs. The PS limited run that PRS is doing, month by month (like the JM model), on top of the other few PS "standard" models, are exceptions, not the rule. The whole point of PS is to get something built completely customized.

So I don't doubt that the particular guitar you spotted is unique. You may be able to create something identical as your own PS build, though.

Those ebony & rosewood body PS guitars are rare and really great looking pieces, all the prices I've seen on them were sky high.
But if money was no object, I'd own one.

Just saw that particular guitar is on Reverb right now...

I actually own that blue/green Collection V you see in the rack right alongside it.

I'd buy that in a second, finances willing, it's absolutely stunning.

I still don't like all the mini-toggles on this though, I dunno what the answer to it is but . . .
mayerprs-650-80.jpg

Last edited:
I'd buy that in a second, finances willing, it's absolutely stunning.

I still don't like all the mini-toggles on this though, I dunno what the answer to it is but . . .
mayerprs-650-80.jpg

I'd buy this too, wasn't I married ...

Help please...currently, does anyone know how long the wait is for a PS guitar once the order has been placed and the wood chosen for the build?

Thank you.

Shortest I have had is three months. Longest ones I have seen have been more like six months, but that was for very complex builds (e.g. intricate inlay designs etc)

Here is an absolutely stunning and very special Private Stock Paul Reed Smith from 2012. Pre-Owned and in mint condition with case. Stunning finish with 24 Karat Gold Birds and Headstock inlays!!

Private Stock # 3876

Specifications:

Model: P22 Semi-hollow with f-hole

Neck wood: Mahogany

Fingerboard wood: Macassar ebony

Top wood: Macassar ebony

Back wood: Lightweight mahogany

Headstock Veneer wood: Macassar ebony

Neck Carve: Pattern

Side Dots: Gold

Color / Stain: Natural

Fingerboard inlays: Etched 14 karat gold birds

Headstock veneer inlays: Etched 14 karat gold Private Stock eagle and 14 karat gold “PRS Experience 2012” engraved banner

Finish type: High gloss nitro

Pickups: Treble: 53/10 Bass: 53/10

Electronics: P22 with PRS Piezo system

Hardware: Gold PRS adjustable stoptail and phase III locking tuning pegs with Macassar ebony buttons

Set-Up: D’Addario .010

Case type: Private Stock leather

Specials: Natural high gloss nitro finish, etched 14 karat gold bird inlays and 14 karat gold “PRS Experience 2012” engraved banner as well as gold side dots. This guitar was built for the 2012 Experience PRS Event”.

- See more at:
Product Specs
Condition:
Excellent
Make:
Paul Reed Smith
Model:
Private Stock #3876 P22 Hollowbody
Finish:
Natural
Categories:
Hollow Body