PRS Prices in Europe

Iceman101

There's always room for one more.....
I just bought two Core replacement nuts online from a store in the Us of A. Including shipping to Europe still considerably cheaper than PRS Europe and also cheaper than one of the large retailers in Europe. Unfortunetaly this only works with orders less than 25 dollars. I still think it's odd that there's this big price difference for genuine PRS parts.

I just bought two Core replacement nuts online from a store in the Us of A. Including shipping to Europe still considerably cheaper than PRS Europe and also cheaper than one of the large retailers in Europe. Unfortunetaly this only works with orders less than 25 dollars. I still think it's odd that there's this big price difference for genuine PRS parts.

Yeah unfortunately the taxes and import duties mean that we pay through the nose for everything!

The guitar parts are not the only problem in my opinion. It´s a wider and general problem. The european prices for US-made guitars like PRS or the other two big brands with the G and F as the first letter are a completely mess, considering that you have finally pay 25% or more for a single instrument..If you decide to order an PRS from US or Japan the costs are nearly the same or even higher due to taxes, shipping and custom costs. Simultaneously you and the oversea-merchant have to do a lot of officialdom paperwork. You have to apply for a CITES-import certificate, while the oversea merchant has to apply for an export permission as well. If you both accidentally ignore this..any guitar with rosewood you´ve ordered will be confiscated by the customs authorities here in Europe and often finally destroyed(!!), while you as a buyer will suffer serious punitive measures for "the attempt of illegal importing CITES-protected woods to the European Union". Your money is lost as well as the merchants instrument.. I´m not kidding on this.

Yes, it is truly a shame that in Europe you are basically F'ed as soon as you import something out of Europe. Declaration + custom duty + VAT means you need to add a substantial amount. I only buy something if the deal is really really to good not to buy it. Learned my lessons by now.

Got a "free gift" with my music theory masterclass of 10 picks. Those picks costed me $12 in the end. :eek: Even though that it is a gift you still need to pay up because it has been send by a company. There is some regulations that when it has been send by a private person it can be considered as a gift as long the value doesn't exceed the limit.

They should set certain products free of customs and VAT that would benefit your (inner) health like products for artistry (guitars and their parts, painting supplies etc.) and products for athletics (bicycles and their parts) After all every government is very keen to promote getting healthy. :D

Only dentist, doctors, and lawyers; even overseas.
Didn’t a recent poll determine that EU actually stood for Engineers Union? They have been posing as doctors and lawyers for years, secretly pilfering the inventories of PRSi, with the intention of eventual world domination!

Must be true. It was on the internet.

Back