PRS Pre-Factory #7 and #11

BassHappy

Hey Forum Folks.....

Didn't realize there was a PRS Forum until this morning. Nice!

I have PRS #11, which happens to be a bass Paul built for me in 1976-77. Actually he made me #7, but we had a few problems and long story short I ended up with #11 which was basically a twin.

It has been published in Vintage Guitar Magazine.

I am apparently too much of a newbie to post attachments - but I thought some of you might appreciate the beauty and craftsmanship of this early PRS bass.

The photo essay on the build and history of the bass is posted here if you scroll a bit:

http://www.innertainment.net/PRS-A.html

All the best, keep pickin'

BassHappy
www.innertainment.net

Last edited:
Frist let me officially welcome you to the Forum!! And next, man what a story!!!!!!! Freaken awesome !!!!!

Whoa! That's awesome. Such a cool piece of PRS history. Thanks for registering and sharing the story.

Way cool. And... nice to see someone using the term "pre-factory" in the proper context.

Welcome to the fold.

Awesome story and guitar! Welcome to the Forum and a special thanks for your part in being a VERY early adopter and helping to get this great Company, that we ALL love, on it's way and not just becoming a footnote in the history books as an interesting concept that didn't pan out.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;134558 said:
...nice to see someone using the term "pre-factory" in the proper context.

Especially for newbies like me who were unfamiliar with the term or concept of pre-factory.

Hey Rick!

Welcome to the forum pal, and thanks for sharing a bit of PRS history with your forum brethren!

By the way, I've been a fan of Happy The Man since the early 70's.......great progressive music!

Thanks for the memories!

Hey All

Must say I am delighted and amazed at all the responses and the kind words. I DO feel welcome which is so great, thanks so much to all. And thanks to rocguitar for acknowledging Happy the Man. I put up a new unofficial website recently at www.everythinghappytheman.com and there is a streaming juke box on the MUSIC page. The official site is www.happytheman.com and is directed towards the reunion which happened from 1999-2006.

Yeah, those were the days when Paul was banging out 7 or 8 instruments a year in that tiny shop on the second floor at I believe it was - 33 West Street. It was really just him, although "Jude" was around on many of my visits - working on perfecting the inlays and always a few folks stopping by.

What a time that was!

Memories, talk about something sacred - it's memories....

BassHappy
www.innertainment.net

Everyone know "pre-factory" is just a marketing… Wait, What?

Oh, you mean PRE, pre-factory! Never mind… ;)

Great piece of history you have there. I remember reading about the "Happy the Man" history and PRS. Great to have someone here who lived it! Welcome!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. So much has changed since I got my first PRS, but I can't even think about the changes you've seen since you got yours!

Back